Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 a4 is it a good everyday car?

Old 01-22-2017, 01:47 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 a4 is it a good everyday car?

Hello everyone I am new to this forum so I apologize in advance.
I am looking to buy an 2007 audi 2.0T. And need advice on a particular car that i have lied my eyes on as I have never owned an audi before.
This is the car :
Audi A4 2.0 T, 2007г. - Обява Продава Автомобил

In details:
Audi A4 2.0 T
quattro
62137 miles
gasoline
210 hp
The price of the car is 6000 USD

Old 01-23-2017, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear

No need to apologize you posted a valid question and in the correct forum. The only problem is not everybody is active in every sub-forum so it can take a while to receive a response.

Now generally speaking yes Audi's are great and if properly treated will last a long time. Thanks to quattro the car you posted is also a great daily driver should you live in an area that sees snow.
Overall the A4 is a nice entry level car into the Audi world that gets you comfortably and safely from A to B.

Now on to the bad side of the car you picked:
* Some of the early A4's with the 2.0t had problems with the cam follower and High pressure fuel pumps. If not checked regularly and parts replaced as needed an expensive bill will fly into your lap. I'm not 100% if that car will fall into that category.
* Coil Packs: Replace if car starts to hesitate or act underpowered/misfiring. Coil packs are known to fail early and it's always a good idea to replace those early even if just as a tune-up/precaution (don't forget the spark plugs)
* Oil consomption can be an issue but just keep an eye in it and see if you need to fill it up between oil changes. Normally you should not need to add in between maintenance invervals but some engines start burning/losing oil and you will have to keep a close eye on it.
*Timing belt - never forget to change the timing belt. Rule is every 7 years or 80k whatever comes first. If there is no record of it being done - do it when you get the car just to be safe.

Overall the A4 is a good car but again you have to take care of it with regular maintenance. Be prepared to drop some money into the car after you purchase it even if it drives great the first days.
Audi's are notorious for expensive repairs, not because they are badly designed but because quality parts are expensive to maintain/replace. Everything will eventually fail, it all depends on how the car was driven/treated over the years.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for the response.