Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a4 quattro MIL light malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default a4 quattro MIL light malfunction

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this I recently purchased a 2000 a4 quattro 2.8 went to get saftey and emissions insp. ( mass.) And the car failed due to some emissions issues...OK no big deal I can fix that BUT my MIL light ( check engine light ) is inoperable it should be on but its not, I have the digital LCD info panel witch is beat almost all the pixals are dead but the mil lolight is under the abs light all lights illuminate besides the mil light when key is turned forward any body have any ideas why this light is not coming on maybe a bulb but those units are deals non servicable I think Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

they're serviceable.. im not sure what year they switched to LEDs.. but they used to run bulbs.. it could be the bulb, or it could be someone took it apart and put some black tape over the light so they could sell it to you.. :/..

they're pretty easy to get out.. you need to pry the trim piece off the bottom of the cluster. there is 2 torx screws holding the cluster in. once you remove them its just a matter of sliding it out.. sometimes its easy sometimes they're wedged a little.. you can usually snag a corner with a flat blade screwdriver.. just try not to mess up your trim pieces..

to get the instrument cluster apart there are usually 4 t-10 torx screws and some plastic tabs holding them together.

good luck!