Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 vs Saab 9-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 vs Saab 9-5

while i agree its kinda spartan, the 9-5 interior is really functional and smartly placed. inspired by a plane or not, the wraparound concept was clever enough to have spawned its own share of copycats too:

SAAB 9-5

First Generation OLDSMOBILE AURORA

First Generation INFINTI Q45

the 9-2x interior was born from aircraft engineers, but on the other side of the planet!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Site Moderator

Great... I just puked all over my new keyboard 3 times in a row.. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:21 PM
4th Gear

Thats probably why I think all three are fugly.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Site Moderator

I think its a pretty simple decision to make:

or

Old 08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I think its a pretty simple decision to make:

or

Enough Said. I think youve been convinced.

Thread Closed

Old 08-07-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

WOW

Great forum - I really appreciate all the feedback. I am a regular on a Jeep forum and anytime somebody asks a question like this it's 100% "why would you buy anything other than a jeep" so it's great to hear more than one response in favor of the saab.

I am attracted to the Audi the 4wd system, and what I perceive to be nimbler handling. Yes - the 9-5 is a great highway cruiser, which I will be doing, but the parking lots and garages of Boston make me cringe when I think of the no-visibility hood and blind spots in the rear pillars of the saab. I also perceive the Audi to be a more "solid" feel from the interior (maybe tight is a better word) in a 2nd hand car. The saab seats can feel a little thin, the steering a little washy, and the idle points a little low and sloppy. I am guessing the Audi would not have these issues.

Any thoughts on that?

And here's one more question that I really want to know the answer to: does anyone ever feel like they're just in a passatt?

Thanksagain!

KB

Old 08-08-2006, 05:24 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i like the build quality of the audis better and they do make good highway cruisers as well, the newer saabs look nice but i still would prefer an audi, good luck on the buy and it would be cool to have you join us

Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: KBIGGZ

WOW

Great forum - I really appreciate all the feedback. I am a regular on a Jeep forum and anytime somebody asks a question like this it's 100% "why would you buy anything other than a jeep" so it's great to hear more than one response in favor of the saab.

I am attracted to the Audi the 4wd system, and what I perceive to be nimbler handling. Yes - the 9-5 is a great highway cruiser, which I will be doing, but the parking lots and garages of Boston make me cringe when I think of the no-visibility hood and blind spots in the rear pillars of the saab. I also perceive the Audi to be a more "solid" feel from the interior (maybe tight is a better word) in a 2nd hand car. The saab seats can feel a little thin, the steering a little washy, and the idle points a little low and sloppy. I am guessing the Audi would not have these issues.

Any thoughts on that?

And here's one more question that I really want to know the answer to: does anyone ever feel like they're just in a passatt?

Thanksagain!

KB
I have to agree with your assesment on handling and visibility. The Saab feels as though it needs a wider wheelbase. Also the A4 does have tighter turn radius which comes in nice in parking lots, etc.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 PM
3rd Gear

onepoint8tee: thanks you for the comparison. I think its pretty obvious which interior is nicer/cleaner after viewing those pics.

it looks like SAAB let Homer Simpson design their interior.

Audi's are hot, Saab's are not.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

I love the fact that Saab has amazing breaking system, and high gearing for manuals more easy to drive, coz I tested both cars at the same day for SAAB & Audi, but still Audi cought my eye with its crome and slik shape, not to mention the leather interior plus setup. There is nothing I can ask for more. But just from test driving it, I dont feel too much of a difference in power output for both 2.0 Turbo.

Quick Reply: A4 vs Saab 9-5