Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS lite on and Parking Brake lite beeps and flashes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
1st Gear
Default ABS lite on and Parking Brake lite beeps and flashes

Recently my ABS lite on my A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro went on. I went and had it check out by my Audi gear heads and it came up as a bad right front brake sensor. They weren't able it fix it that day, so I made an appointment to have it replaced in the next day or two. Two days later not only did the ABS lite say on, but the parking brake lite beeps and flashes. The ABS lite says on and the parking brake lite flashes while driving. I brought it back to the shop, they hooked it up to the computer and know they are getting a "NO ANSWER" read out on the computer....the bad ABS sensor warning did not even show up like it did two days ago. They double checked the brake fluid, but that was fine. Any ideas of what could be causing this problem and how to fix it? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS lite on and Parking Brake lite beeps and flashes

I'm pretty sure that means that your ABS module is bad. This sucks for you, cause they're pretty pricey.

As I understand it, if you connect it to a VAG tool and it tells you the sensor that's bad, obviously it's the sensor... and if it has no response, that means that the ABS module itself is bad.