Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR Stage I+ IN! Thanks EuroCode Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 AM
1st Gear
Default APR Stage I+ IN! Thanks EuroCode Tuning!

Saturday I took my car in to Eurocode Tuning (www.ecodetuning.com) to have my ECU upgraded with the APR Stage I+, new injectors, new spark plugs, and a new DV. I had spoke with David earlier in the week and was really impressed with his knowledge and him taking the time to answer all my questions. I could ramble on-and-on about how the install went, but in a nutshell I just wanted to tell everyone in SoCal how completely impressed I was with the service and knowledge at Eurocode Tuning. These guys REALLY know their sh*t! I live in San Diego and they are more then 100 miles from me, but in the future whenever I need any service, I will just plan it for when I am up in the OC and get work done then.

So I went from a bone stock B6 to APR Stage 1+, Forge 007PA diverter valve, Bosch copper plugs, and the TT225 386cc fuel injectors. I chose to do the stock program and the 91 (chipped) program with the lock-out function. When I switch back to stock its so completely depressing. I highly recommend this to everyone out there who hasnt done this to their ride yet.

Whats next on the list for me?
Neuspeed cat-back system (I would have done it, but Neuspeed is B/O'd till July), K&N air filter, and the Neuspeed Xtreme turbo intake hose.
After that I figure I am going to lay low for a while and just enjoy driving my car. Maybe down the road I'll try to squeeze some extra ponies out, but I figure the next step after that is probably a K04 upgrade? And I've already invested enough cash in a short period of time.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Administrator
Default RE: APR Stage I+ IN! Thanks EuroCode Tuning!

u should really get a FMIC

Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

Awesome. Give it a week or so and you'll be feeling all the power.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

Maybe...
I have only had the car 2 weeks TODAY so I am pretty tapped out on cash. If the FMIC is the way to go, I will probably see it within the next 6 months.

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

u should really get a FMIC

Old 06-19-2006, 03:05 AM
1st Gear

You should go dual side mount intercoolers. Waay sweeter

Old 06-19-2006, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

I'm kind of curious what you are referring to?
I can definatly feel the difference between the stock and chipped. I have to kind of admit though......... I thought it would be more. But maybe I just am spoiled with my R1 motorcycle :P

So here's another story...

Dave tries to program my ECU with the APR program. It comes back and says something like "unable to communicate with ECU, please check cable, or replace, etc.". Hmm... He tries to read the ECU with another tool (Revo) but a similar error appeared. At this point I was really concerned and pessimistic. The other guys there that were waiting on their cars told me "Don't worry, dave will make it work" ... "If anyone can make it work its Dave". So I decide to just watch the master. He takes me ECU out, uses a dremel with a cut-off wheel to make flat-head notches in the bolts, opens it up, uses a piece of wire on some crazy pins and forces the ECU to reset itself. He then pops it back together and uses new OEM bolts to seal it up. BOOM! APR flash was fine! He says that someone must have done 'something' to the ECU before I got it. Who would have known to do that? I wouldn't think every little ma-n-pop shop would know that kind of thing. Most places would probably have just told me "Looks like your ECU is bad, you need to buy a new one" but no, he came through.

Eurocode has my business.

These are the kind of things that make life-long customers!

ORIGINAL: a4orce1

Awesome. Give it a week or so and you'll be feeling all the power.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 AM
2nd Gear

What kind of ballpark pricing for the FMIC and does this need also apply to a chipped B7 or have they addressed it already with the newer model?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: evoic

What kind of ballpark pricing for the FMIC and does this need also apply to a chipped B7 or have they addressed it already with the newer model?
u really dont need a FMIC, u have DSMIC which are prudy good already, i am so jealous of the B7s for having DSMIC[&o][&o][&o]
the B5 and B6 only come with a crappy SMIC

Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
3rd Gear

1,000 + or - for a full kit

Old 06-19-2006, 03:41 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

1,000 + or - for a full kit
Well......since I'll be spending $1,000 that I don't have for my ECU upgrade, Air Filter, DV, and Test Pipe - it's a good thing that I don't need to spend another $1,000 that I don't have to go out and get a FMIC. [sm=thanx.gif]