Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 vs. BMW 328iS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi A4 vs. BMW 328iS

they probably talk mass **** cuz they are jealous haha jk i love bimmers too, good having rivalry, i think a higher percentage of audi drivers are more enthusiastic that bimmer drivers cuz business men like the bimmer badge. a lot more tuned audis out there and i can talk to people i see driving audis, we're much more bonded usually lol

Old 04-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: aRIf

if you wanna beat a M threeee
you should got an 1.8teeeee
If you wanna beat 'em even more -
get an S fouuuuuuur !

IMO - youve seen the benefits of Forced induction, so the 1.8T is the way to go - defenitely more mods available,
and while I defenitely respect Bimmers & the engineering in their cars, I think for an enthusiast
looking to gain more performance (handling, HP, etc) the total package would be the Audi...

Old 04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is my 2,000+

The car drove through it like it was just water. The ONLY time is felt like it was losing grip was when I shut off the traction control to have some fun in a empty parking lot. Didnt see any BMW's out that day.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Good comments here from everyone.

It depends on what you are looking for Gibson.

The bmw's are nice too, but I do see a million of them here in columbus.

The 1.8tq is a great car. It handles great in any condition, puts the power down well, and has a whole world of potential compared to the NA's.

The only problem with the audi is modding it is very addictive, so be sure to start an extra savings account to save up for a BT kit!!!!!

Search for the "tom ritt video" on this site, and you will see why we reccomend the Audi over the BMW!

Good luck to ya.
Agreed. If you get a A4 1.8T then your possibilities are endless. and nothing beats quattro.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 AM
1st Gear

I know a guy that just went from having a beautiful fully loaded bmw, to a brand new a6 fully loaded, and the first day he drove the audi he said it was 100 times better than the bmw. I didn't read anyones post and i dont know where your from , but if you get a quattro, it handles so much better in snow and just all around. One of the reasons that he got rid of the bmw cause he said when he drove in the snow it was worse than anything. He said it had absolutly no traction and he was better off driving a piece of $hit awd in the snow than driving the bmw in the snow. He drove the car upstate, which is a 3 hour trip and he loved the trip so much in the audi. I'm not going to bash bmw or try and tell you what you should or shouldn't drive. I'm just telling you what i'v encountered. Good luck with what ever car you get.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: StevenTownsend

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/213766
That guy's gotta have a ton of $$ into that E36.

I still like my Audi. I had a 1999 E36 convertible sport. It was sweet. I didn't like the interior and overall quality on my A4 is better. The BMW definitely had better stock brakes!

With regards to handling----you just gotta try each and decide for yourself. Very different feels. The front to rear balance on a BMW is better and RWD suits that body style well. The Audi is a bit front heavy (a bit I say!) with the engine mounted forward and can tend to "oversteer". You'll probably only notice this if you are used to driving performance RWD cars but the Quattro makes up for this and really excels in inclement weather.

Modding the 1.8T is easy yet somewhat expensive but can be done in stages.