Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 02:06 AM
2nd Gear
Default bad experience

Well this past weekend i insalled my custon FMIC and it was deffinately a b***h. Nothing wanted to work right for me. I got done around midnight sunday and did a TBA on my car and then took her out with my friend for a little drive. As soon as i got to the gate to get out of my neighborhood my car started acting really weird. I was in 2nd gear around 3k rpms and was coming to the gate and pushed in the clutch to go into neutral and my rpms stayed at 3k. I didn't know what was going on. I touched the gas and made the rpms rise 500 rpms and it stayed at 3.5k rpms now. So i was like alright ill drive down the road and turn around if it acts up anymore. So i went down the road accelerating normal to like 4k rpms and shifted to 2nd and my engine went nuts and the rpms rose to ~6.5-7k rpms, i grabbed the keys and shut her off and pulled of the road. My gas pedal had no tension, so i looked at the TB and was messing with the throttle plate moving it and it felt weird, like no tension on the accelerator cable. I then was like well ill start it and if it goes up to 6k rpms again I'll shut it off. SO i started it and it went to 3k rpms and i drove it home without touching the gas. I searched AW and AZ and couldn't find to much that night. The next morning I looked at it with my dad and started messing with it and still didn't know what was wrong. My dad was looking down in between the intake manifold and saw a clip laying there, so i grabbed it and searched AW. The clip came off the accelerator cable that is mounted to the intake manifold and the pedal had no feel or tension to it causing the throttle to get stuck. So i adjusted it, held the pedal to the floor and placed the clip so the cable is tight. All is well now and im even seeing 1psi more boost from the FMIC and my car "feels" faster now. Sorry for the long post but i had to share my bad luck.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:11 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: bad experience

Is it the little clip that keeps the tension on the jacket of the throttle cable? I had the same problem, only I lost my clip into never never land (engine bay). I had to fabricate my own.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: bad experience

yea, its kinda like a C clip but a little rectangular lookin.