Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown tip -long-

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Blown tip -long-

Hi, my name is zack adams. I am from pittsburgh. I have had my a4 1.8tfor about 4 months and have dumped too much money into it.
Anyway, I blew my tip transmission and I am having it rebuilt by a reputible euro transmission shop? (Gillece transmissions of PA) I am having the transmission beefed up, meaning custom torque converter and valve body calibration and new internals + shift kit. Now dont get me wrong I am not a mechanic, I am approaching this as a newb. But I was wondering what can I expect once I recieve the car back? Has anyone had a level 10 or IPT trans? Should this transmission be fine with my current mods, (chip) etc. I was quoted 4700 installed. Good, bad, ugly?
Thanks, and p.s. I searched

Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Blown tip -long-

i haven't had the Level 10 done to mine yet but i am anxious to see how yours turns out. Keep us updated!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

Get it back tuesday, its a done deal. I really hope this is a solution to my tip woes. The owner of the shop has been working on these transmissions since the mid 80's. I have not heard any negative feedback from anyone in regards to his transmission work so needless to say I am excited. I will keep you posted.
zack adams

Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: nltuneda4

Get it back tuesday, its a done deal. I really hope this is a solution to my tip woes. The owner of the shop has been working on these transmissions since the mid 80's. I have not heard any negative feedback from anyone in regards to his transmission work so needless to say I am excited. I will keep you posted.
zack adams
would have been cheaper to do a manual swap...i wish i did that instead of rebuild my tip. i'll be doing a manual swap in the spring