Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a used Audi - not sure if a good purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Buying a used Audi - not sure if a good purchase?

Afternoon!

So to jump right in, I'm looking to size up from my Audi A1 to the A4, but I can't afford a brand new Audi (small weeping)

However, I found a great one online that's used, but I'm not sure if I should get it?

Can anyone help? Any help appreciated!

Helen Q

Old 04-19-2017, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear

To really help we would need more information (year, mileage, options on the car, etc...). Best I can tell you is to check the car out and take it to a mechanic for an inspection. Audis can be very dependable if taken care of. Not everyone has that same experience though.

Also, to add buying an Audi used can be a huge money saver over buying a new one. When I bought my 2008 A4 six years ago it was $19k (USD) and it sold for $45k (USD) just three years prior to my buying it. Nice to be able to drive a $45K car for less than $20k. Like you I can't afford a new one either.

Last edited by rhodes991; 04-19-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

Hello! I wanted to share with you guys my opinion, I believe that the best option is to lease an Audi. I personally have leased from DSR Leasing. https://dsrleasing.com/

Old 04-19-2017, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by doroth
Hello! I wanted to share with you guys my opinion, I believe that the best option is to lease an Audi. I personally have leased from DSR Leasing. https://dsrleasing.com/
stick your slimy leasing spam up y'er slimy ****

Old 04-20-2017, 03:13 AM
1st Gear

Friend, you would better know the basic information about the car, such as year, mileage, options on the car, etc... and then ask the professional staff if it is worthy.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhodes991
To really help we would need more information (year, mileage, options on the car, etc...). Best I can tell you is to check the car out and take it to a mechanic for an inspection. Audis can be very dependable if taken care of. Not everyone has that same experience though.

Also, to add buying an Audi used can be a huge money saver over buying a new one. When I bought my 2008 A4 six years ago it was $19k (USD) and it sold for $45k (USD) just three years prior to my buying it. Nice to be able to drive a $45K car for less than $20k. Like you I can't afford a new one either.
Heya! Sorry for my late reply, my internet has been terrible!

The one I found is here (Used Silver Audi A4 Avant for Sale | Warwickshire) and has recently been discounted (Yay!)

The reason I ask is I am terrible with car specs, it's not really my field of experise, hence why I joined here

What are your thoughts Rhodes991?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:51 AM
2nd Gear

Well, I am in the US so for price I can't help much. For that check your local websites for what similar Audi's are selling for (here in the US I use a site called Autotrader).

From the pictures she sure is pretty! As above I know little about diesels engines except that they get great gas mileage. I would try researching major engine service periods for this car (my gas 2.0 requires a timing belt at about 100k miles which can run $1k USD or more). Want to make sure you account for any up coming services.

One thing I noticed (and I don't know if it is different in the UK) is that the steering wheel says S-Line. Here in the states that would indicate the car is a true S-Line (upgraded suspension, steering wheel, door sill plates) where all the other cars that show S-Line on the outside only have the body work upgrade. Also, it is an estate and a manual which are both rare here in the states.

I would suggest doing a little local research, test driving the car, and having a local mechanic check out if you are really serious about buying it. From what I can see I would be scared away yet. Good luck.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:53 AM
2nd Gear

That should say WOULD NOT be scared away yet.