Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chipped Today w/Dalhback

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Chipped Today w/Dalhback

OMG!!! Finally, "chipped" my A4 '01 1.8TQM after having it for a little over a month. I went for it and got the Stage 1 Dalhback ECU Upgrade ($499), Dahlback Diverter Valve ($169) and N75 "K" Valve ($89.95). My first impression is WOW--the beast has been unleashed! My second is whoa, because I'm hearing that phffffffft sound when shifting. On a side note, while I was waiting for my installs the owner Tim (tjmmotorsports), showed me his car which is documented as the "fastest A4(B5) in the country". It is a street-legal race car and it Dyno'd around 500 hp at the wheels. He showed me so much about the car I had "information over-load" all I know is that he is far from being done. I was also impressed with their customer service. My next mod is suspension, then Stage II DBR which includes fuel injectors and cat-back exhaust (Milltek), I think, but it could be Dalhback (I forgot to ask).

I just wanted to share my excitement and keep this forum informed of any reliability issues with this "new european chip". I wish I could compare it with the performance and reliability of APR, GIAC or even MTM chips but I can't, because I have never driven another "chipped" car. Supposedly, it has the smoothness of APR and the power of GIAC, if that makes any sense.

P.S. I wanted to install a pillar-mount boost gauge but they have to order one. Is the boost gauge highly recommended or is it just nice to have? I just want to look stock (even interior) as much as feasible, but will install one if it is a good idea. I value your opinions, you've been right so far. Thanks!

Lastly, I apologize for the long post I'm just excited and will give you favorable or unfavorable reliability/performance results as much as possible on the Dalhback Racing (DBR) chip.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Chipped Today w/Dalhback

A49er do you work for Dalhback or something cause you are promoting and praising it on every post

Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 PM

LOL.... Im sure hes not but Dalhback is a crazy tuner. Theyre all about HP... which makes me wonder if they are sacrificing anything for it. Oh well.

If anything, you should post a vid, times, or dyno results.

Old 09-11-2004, 12:36 AM

Hey does tim have a carbon fiber sunroof insert and a black frontmount intercooler?

Old 09-11-2004, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

Ditto, LOL.... No, honestly I am all new to this....I knew nothing of Dahlback two weeks ago....just having fun! Sometimes you have a good feeling about things...and just naturally gravitate towards those things...hey, this is the same reason why initially why I got the A4. A little "risk" combined with a little "wisdom". I would have posted with the same enthusiasm if I had bought any other chip. Just that this is a new chip and I wanted to share that fact. Its kind of a novelty because no one else has this chip. Thanks for the input and reality check, I'll curb my enthusiam from now on.

Old 09-11-2004, 12:45 AM

No answer my question

Old 09-11-2004, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: David_K

Hey does tim have a carbon fiber sunroof insert and a black frontmount intercooler?
Yes David he does have the carbon fiber sunroof/ hood and even cf rear spoiler w/ a light in it. He showed me his FMIC which was removed from the car and it was black. He told me he is going to double the size of it which was already big because he takes the to Cali quit often where he can better cope w/ temperatures of 110 and 3000' elevations. You would have enjoyed this private tour, it was a little over my head yet very interesting. He also eliminating the oil pump and is putting on a (not really sure what he called it) but it was a flat dry sump oil something or other. He also said that because the engine is so powerful the torque of the engine is really violet during shifting and he is trying to figure out how to securely mount the engine. Until now, he has had to use chains to hold down the engine because the tranny jumps up and hits the body.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:53 AM
3rd Gear

dry sump oil system means that theres no oil in the oil pan the oil is kept in a tank somewhere else and is pumped right into the engine. this eliminates the need for a deep oil pan and allows the engine to be lower.. also its more effiecient

Congrats on the chip... remember to let your turbo cool down after hard use though

Old 09-11-2004, 06:37 PM

If you see him again tell him David says "Hi"

Old 09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

It is a street-legal race car and it Dyno'd around 500 hp at the wheels.
Good lord!! [sm=icon_quiet.gif]