Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant temp sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:29 PM
1st Gear
Default coolant temp sensors

i started on the project of changing my coolant temp sensor today because the dash temp guage didnt work. i just baught my 01 A4 1.8 about a week ago and the original owner gave me a sensor that was green in color to go along with the car. he told me he had picked up the sensor but had never gotten around to change it. i was pulled out a sensor near the bottom driver's side just before the radiator, after getting splashed in the eye with coolant i noticed it was blue not green like the replacement i have. is the green sensor located somewhere else on the car or does my car take a blue sensor instead? the blue one i pulled out was flat and the green one i have has a point at the end. or maybe the car has two sensors?

>>... after checking out the coolant sensor, i then checked my timing belt to find its cracked and in real bad shape...so i forgot about this temp sensor for a little bit there... LOL

thanks for the help... im still in the getting to know audis phase...

Old 11-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: coolant temp sensors

The blue ones dont fail like the newer black ones did (that get replaced with the green ones). The connections are differnt also. I would change the TB before doing anything else if you think the belt is bad.