Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling system/ABS light/Computer Indicator!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Cooling system/ABS light/Computer Indicator!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum!
I just bought a 1999 a4 quattro avant wagon from a friend who works as a mechanic. Basically, he added a new turbo, new brakes/rotors, among other minor repairs before selling it to me. The trouble is, when I test drove it I did not realize the air conditioning does not seem to cool down. I think this is because it was cold outside when I test drove so the temp seemed fine. Is this broken or does it take a long time to cool down?
Also, the computer light indicator works off and on and kind of flickers (the one beside the speedometer) and I would like to figure this one out. He was supposed to recalibrate the computer before selling it to me but could not at the last minute, and said this would solve the ABS warning light that is on. I was wondering if this would be solved with recalibration. I don't know much about cars and would like any information necessary from anyone who has an idea!
Thanks!

Kris

Old 10-30-2012, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

Well I have also owned A4 and I don't think that it takes long time to cool down. So probably there is something wrong with the air conditioning. I will suggest you to get it checked by any other mechanic. Good luck