Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DV

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: DV

so should i also upgrade the waste gate if i get a 007 or no?? also are there any performance differences between the 006 and 007 or is it just the size?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:37 PM

there is no performance difference between most dvs.. maybe throttle/boost response.. but hardly..

your not changing the wastegate, your changing the electronic acuator (n75h).. you can change it if you want, its all up to you if you want more boost,

Old 09-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Site Moderator

Stock as in the original equiptment that came on my a4.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM
5th Gear

thats what i meant would changing the wastegate provide more boost or any significant performance gains?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Zombie Defense Force

dont change the wg becuase if you hold more boost and run more boost then you need a tune for that. otherwise....death

Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Quick question on the subject of the 710N. This morning i replaced the stock DV with the 710N, ( did this while changin oil, kill two birds with one stone). roughly 2 hours later the MIL (malfunction indicator light) popped on and hasn't shut off. Drove around a bit and the car seems to be running absolutely fine. Will check the hose clamps tomorrow just to make sure they are on tight enough. Car details listed below

99 a4 1.8t quattro manual
No modifications except for the following....

710n (primary reason for replacement was i bought this car used almost a year ago, has roughly 94k miles on it now and figured id replace it before it went bad whilst doing regular maintence on the car)
larger capacity oil filter
resonator and mid-muffle delete.

I wouldnt think that the removal of the mid-muffler and resonator would set off the O2 sensor seeing as it is past the cat... Note* Car is not chipped; Friend states that the new dv requires higher psi to operate, but from using the almighty search function and reading up i was coming to the conclusion that it doesn't require more boost, yet just is stronger and able to handle higher psi levels. Am I correct in my evaluation?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: InsaneHatter

buy a 710n and call it a day, max $45 from the dealer.
dont jump to conclusions so fast. at some dealers its 70$ +tax

Old 09-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Drunken Badger

Quick question on the subject of the 710N. This morning i replaced the stock DV with the 710N, ( did this while changin oil, kill two birds with one stone). roughly 2 hours later the MIL (malfunction indicator light) popped on and hasn't shut off. Drove around a bit and the car seems to be running absolutely fine. Will check the hose clamps tomorrow just to make sure they are on tight enough. Car details listed below

99 a4 1.8t quattro manual
No modifications except for the following....

710n (primary reason for replacement was i bought this car used almost a year ago, has roughly 94k miles on it now and figured id replace it before it went bad whilst doing regular maintence on the car)
larger capacity oil filter
resonator and mid-muffle delete.

I wouldnt think that the removal of the mid-muffler and resonator would set off the O2 sensor seeing as it is past the cat... Note* Car is not chipped; Friend states that the new dv requires higher psi to operate, but from using the almighty search function and reading up i was coming to the conclusion that it doesn't require more boost, yet just is stronger and able to handle higher psi levels. Am I correct in my evaluation?
Changing the dv shouldn't cause the CEL (check engine light) to come on unless one of the hoses is disconnected. Get it scanned for fault codes. Autozone does it for free.