AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Gas brand preference, and does it matter? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/gas-brand-preference-does-matter-80973/)

mtlquattro 11-09-2007 03:25 AM

RE: Gas brand preference, and does it matter?

Petro-Canada 94, best around

Flarika 11-09-2007 03:44 AM

Chevron, Chevron, Chevron.

One tip most people don't think about: If the station you are fueling at is older or has old pumps, more importantly old TANKS, avoid fueling if you see a fuel truck at the station delivering fuel. The process of fuel delivery stirs up any sediment that may lie at the bottom of the tanks, and guess where that goes?! Emphasis: OLD tanks/stations! Most newer stations have advanced fuel filtration that pretty much eliminates this problem, but this is definitely something to be aware of.

One more tip: Credit Card/ Debit Card fraud at gas stations is at an all time high. In most cases, devices called "skimmers" are connected inside of the pumps, and when you insert your card, all of the information that it reads is stored into the skimmer. The ONLY company that has invested $millions to stop this is Costco, my choice of fuel station when I don't have cash to go to Chevron with. Ask the fuel attendant at any Costco station and they will proudly tell you all about it. They even put special tamper-evident holographic stickers on each pump near the lock for the card-reader every day as part of the protection plan. Whatever you do, avoid using your debit card at all costs, because your financial institution will not reimburse you for fraud in most cases.

Belligerenceā„¢ 11-09-2007 06:18 AM

wow, thanks for that info flarika, I use debit at the pump all the time but I'll stop now. f*cking scammers, should be hung up by their balls and skinned alive.

back on topic, I use chevron 91 or shell 92 usually.

sonneboz 11-09-2007 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Flarika

Whatever you do, avoid using your debit card at all costs, because your financial institution will not reimburse you for fraud in most cases.
Don't know where you bank, but I'd leave asap. My credit union will refund ANYTHING you deem as fraud. Of course they will investigate, however if you have your card info stolen, and unauthorized purchased were made, they will refund every last cent.

Flarika 11-09-2007 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: sonneboz

ORIGINAL: Flarika

Whatever you do, avoid using your debit card at all costs, because your financial institution will not reimburse you for fraud in most cases.
Don't know where you bank, but I'd leave asap. My credit union will refund ANYTHING you deem as fraud. Of course they will investigate, however if you have your card info stolen, and unauthorized purchased were made, they will refund every last cent.

I also bank at a Credit Union, in fact, without revealing the exact name of my CU from Oregon, they literally invented online banking in the 1950's before there were ATM's. If you doubt me, PM me and I'll give you the link to their site so you can read it for yourself.... anyway, us CU members are the vast minority of those covered by fraudulent charges. I am speaking to the masses, the vast majority that bank with the major US financial institutions, or "banks."

six14life 11-09-2007 04:16 PM

I am finickey when it comes to fuel. I strive to use Texaco/Chevron 93fuels, never any small time fuel stations. Amoco is good too.

A4Dolphin06 11-09-2007 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: greene08

How are you liking the 335? I dropped down from an '01 740 Sport and miss the living heck out of it.
The 335i is awesome! 300bhps at low rpms...no complaints whatsoever. Passing a car is no problem at all. Why'd you drop down from the 740?

01AudiA4 11-09-2007 05:05 PM

I always use sunoco 91.

And for the person saying yoru engine will knock. All newer cars have knock sensor's so it will automaticly retard yoru timing to fuel. You will just loose around 5-10 BHP and some MPG. But it doesn't hurt your engine at all. But still i don't do it.