Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

governor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default governor

I am new to the audi game. I have a 97 A4 2.8Q and I was wondering would I need a piggyback in order to increase my top speed or what would I need?

Old 04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: governor

Reprogram the ecm. You can also try unplugging you vehicle speed sensor. That works on some cars. Not sure about the audis. I wouldnt recommend that method with an automatic trans thou. The vss is an important input for trans operation.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

I don't have an auto I would never get one. I got the 5 speed stick. I believe my friend unplugged his speed sensor and it worked for him but I would actually like to know how fast I am going because I already get enough speeding tickets.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear

Ok how often are you going above what the govenor limits you to? How old are you? Have you even taken you car up to the speed where the govenor kicks in?

Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
1st Gear

Well right now I am not going above what the govenor limits me because it's limited at 130mph. If you were asking how often I am going to be going above that speed then the answer will be whenever I am racing and/or when I am on my long trips. Yes I have taken it up to that speed many times and I am just about 21.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:01 PM

Attention, Kitpower is not to confuse with Chip tuning whose principle is based on the modification of the program in the calculator of origin of your car (replacement of the chip of origin by a chip with an optimized program! (thus an often irreversible intevention on the equipment of origin of the car!)

Characteristic:

The Kitpower case is connected between the calculator of origin and the pump, equipped exclusively with fîches in conformity with the original, (connectors sealed with water with gold contacts of quality of origin.) The connection is super simple, with the range of all, without adjustment, welding or other modifications. The assembly is carried out as a simple electric lengthening-piece!

With simple "a clic" 25 % of power moreover!

Kitpower increases the performances of the engine in full safety: The case carries out a numerical optimization, it intercepts the data transmitted between the case of origin (the serveau of your car) and it injection pump of the vehicle. Manufactured in the EEC, the Kitpower cases are guaranteed 3 years.

One of the greatest advantage of the KITPOWER is than it is equipped with of the same cards quality than the manufacturers use at the origin (even for the new models TDCI, BMW 320d...).Ce which allows a fast connection and especially to avoid cuts of cables, weldings or irreversible intervention in the equipment of origin, moreover any adjustment is not necessary. Contrary to what is announced on other sites, Kitpower with a technology 100% numerical.

Kitpower does not use a data-processing fîche or another principle to replace the connectors of origin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KITPOWER Classic:
developed for the engines which are equipped with electronic injection pumps Bosch or Lucas. The increase in power takes place by recomputing the retro signal of the injection pumps to the case of origin so that it carries out a correction of activation of the pump. The increase in power thus takes place by an indirect activation.

KITPOWER Edge:
developed for the engines which are equipped with the injection pump VP 44 of Bosch (p. ex. Audi V6 2.5 TDI, BMW 320 D, Opel DTI, Saab...). The modification takes place on the level of the numerical data buses (EDGE drunk) so that a direct activation of the injection pump provides the additional power.

KITPOWER CR:
developed for the engines which are equipped with the system of injection COMMON RAIL Bosch or Siemens (p. ex. MERCEDES TDCI, PEUGEOT HDI, RENAULT DCI, BMW 330CD...). The modification takes place on the level of the numerical data so that a direct activation of the injection pump provides the additional power.

These systems obtain however an increase in power only by MODIFYING time. The PRESSURE OF OVERFEEDING IS NOT INFLUENCEE ACTIVELY. For the remainder, all the functions of the case of origin (ABS...)restent completely preserved.

Wear: The increase in power produces by Kitpower is very definitely perceptible for the driver of the vehicle thus modified. We move here in the reserves of power, envisaged by the manufacturers, of the elements of requested engine and assembly (e.g. box, transmission).Toute increase in power naturally involves an additional request of the engine. But a judicious use of the engine with Kitpower, which makes it possible to discount definitely higher road performances, will be always preferable with a disrespectful use of the engine without Kitpower. A lowering envisaged of the lifespan of the engine is so to speak negligible to see unchanged.

The principle of Kitpower (additional case) should not be confused with the "Tuning Chip" or "OBD Tuning"

Chiptuning consists has to modify the chip (micro pro to him
cessor) in the case of origin of your car, therefore a interevention in the equipment of origin of the vehicle. OBD tuning, consists in injecting via the fîche diagnoses a new program in the chip of origne (microprossor), it acts here also of an intervention in the equipment of origin.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/667545F74FF44A868524BD07C15297C2.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/EF46E1A1EB4B4366B2B94D4847D2B72E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Old 04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear

Ok you shouldn't be living in the US then, you should be living in Germany able to use the Autobahn.

Whats the point of doing 130Mph unless you live in Arizona or Nevada where theres miles upon miles of long open stretches. I am 24 but im not dumb enough to be doing 130 on long trips. You are asking for your car impounded and licence taken away. Yeah I race people and I speed... but I doubt 90% of the people on here have had their govenors taken out.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
6th Gear
Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

Actually I did use to live in germany when I was stationed over there and I go through many flat states going from base to base and back home. I also plan on getting stationed back over in Germany.