Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP WATER IN REAR FLOOR DRIVERS SIDE

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Default HELP WATER IN REAR FLOOR DRIVERS SIDE

after rainstorms lately Ive been getting 2-3 inches of water in floor of drivers side back seat
i vacuumed it out because I recently had the hood latch cable replaced and thought it might be from a missing grommet but now still fills with water

Old 10-09-2005, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: HELP WATER IN REAR FLOOR DRIVERS SIDE

it is from clogged drain some where under your hood.. check by the bat there are drains there. do a quick search i have seen this topic a few times before.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

Not enough info provided. You said it was in the back seat correct? do you think it is travelling from the front? is any of the front wet?

Possibilities may include rear door drains clogged, door gasket out of position, drainage grommet fell off under car, possibility of rear tail light lens gasket (water may travel thru the inside of the body and dump in back seat area).

What I have done in the past is try to simulate the condition. In other words, take a water hose and start watering sections of your car observing closely. I know this is hard to put oneself to do this because you are thinking of the possible mess you might have to clean up, but its worth the effort. You definitely have a problem that needs immediate attention.

good luck.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

Wait, so did you replace the grommet at the hood latch or not?

If you did not, then that is your problem. I have the same problem currently because I cut a hole in the grommet for the power wire of my sound system (not realizing what I was doing). Fix the grommet if you have not already.

If you have, then I would say it is a clogged drain somewhere. Check your sunroof, battery drain, and the drain by your cabin air filter.

Good luck, water sucks.

-Brian

Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

My 2000 Avant does that every time it rains. I finally traced it to the sunroof drain on the drivers side. I haven't fixed it yet because I understand you have to take off the rear bumper or somehting crazy like that. The cure for mine is to park the car on a slant, with the passenger side lower than the driver side. I guess that allows the water to drain out the passenger side. So far, no leaks, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.