Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how low can you go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Default how low can you go?

so im wanting to slam my ride, but have a lack of money to get the $600+ coilover kit, so ive been looking at eibach, tein, etc.. lowering springs. which do you prefer? and how low will they really drop me and how noticable is the drop?...will i need to roll the fenders or do anything to prevent rubbing?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: how low can you go?

i believe tein has an adjustable height one. that would be the i'd get cuz where i live i get alot of snow so i would raise it for the winter and lower it for the summer

Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 PM

ya, but i said i dont have enough money for coilover kit

Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear

with msot springs, you will lower aount an inch form the sport suspension setting (not sure what you ahve)

you wont have to do anyhting to fenders uless you go super low, which you wont find unless u get like homosexual slprings

the only problem people run into with these is that you can blow your dampers because of the increased spring rate. if you have sport suspension, you will msot likley be okay. if you dont, you will probly be oky for a bit, but i highly suggest waiting a bit and saving up for coilovers. In my experiance, i find the feel of solid, well done dampening form shocks much better than the feel of high springrate with low dampening rate. but to each his own. (also, the only reputable companies i know are einback, tein, adn H&R, H&r i recommend most)

FU(K again, all in ^^^ may be fu(ked up due to durnkkkkkk mistah f.a.b. concert

Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 PM

you can go 2 in da fron and 1.5 in the without having to roll da fenders (you may rub a bit)

just to let you know...I DO NOT recommend lowering on stock shocks....especially if you don't have sport suspension...

well, best of luck to you....

Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
3rd Gear

I was just tearing up some curvy hills this evening. the exhaust freed upa little more power, but at 155k miles, my suspension feels a little squishy now too. let me know how you make out with that kit if you get it. I def need to do that when i chip the car.
my advice is save your money for the better quality stuff -what you want - not what you can afford today. if you want it, then you'll find a creative way to make it happen.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 PM

i DO have sport suspension

but will the ride comfort suck with springs?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
2nd Gear
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

Common sense, the lower the car, the harder the springs have to be to avoid it from bottoming out.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 PM

thanks, do you think this will be low enough?, will the ride be good still?....and how hard are these to put in(i do have a spring compressor)