Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much whp should i have

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: how much whp should i have

Still wondering why you wont admit that all the cracks you linked are from a stock replacement manifold and not from the log manifold that comes from the kit?

Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 PM

Dude, if you want me to admit it, then fine. I'm wrong. You're talking a technicality on the flange; I'm talking about a brand name on a B6 with problems, regardless of the flange used.
I don't see many going with other flanges on that kit on a B6. For as little number of APR kits on the other forums for B6, I don't know of one running a t3 or t25 flange ATP manifold. So, maybe that kit linked above is the one that works perfect. I've never actually seen it on a B6.
But the manifold crack posts I linked to (I didn't even look at them to know, but I'll take your word for it) are guys running K04 (so yeah, stock flange), GT28R or GT71R turbos, regardless of the flange. Those are the most common kits, and those are the manifolds that are cracking. They aren't just stock manifolds re-using a K03s. They are ATP manifolds, running big (well, bigger) turbos, and they crack. So I'm wrong in how you word it; I'm right in that ATP manifolds on a B6 crack.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm make believe

All the links are for elim turbos, thus stock replacement manifolds. The two manifolds are completly differnt and the flanges are nowhere close to the same location.

You know someone with a ATP kit, he is on here and zine....sean18t, he has the kit and has no problems on his b6.

You really should compare the manifolds and see the difference.Also in the future,check your sources before using them as "proof".

Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: fahquad

Dude, if you want me to admit it, then fine. I'm wrong. You're talking a technicality on the flange; I'm talking about a brand name on a B6 with problems, regardless of the flange used.
I don't see many going with other flanges on that kit on a B6. For as little number of APR kits on the other forums for B6, I don't know of one running a t3 or t25 flange ATP manifold. So, maybe that kit linked above is the one that works perfect. I've never actually seen it on a B6.
But the manifold crack posts I linked to (I didn't even look at them to know, but I'll take your word for it) are guys running K04 (so yeah, stock flange), GT28R or GT71R turbos, regardless of the flange. Those are the most common kits, and those are the manifolds that are cracking. They aren't just stock manifolds re-using a K03s. They are ATP manifolds, running big (well, bigger) turbos, and they crack. So I'm wrong in how you word it; I'm right in that ATP manifolds on a B6 crack.
[align=left][/align]
dude, CincyTT is right on this one. give it up and don't litter the forums with missinformation..

the ATP STOCK PLACEMENT KO3 FLANGED manifolds crack like probably no other aftermarket manifold on the market. that is nothing new..

but the ATP T25/T3 LOG manifold does not crack any more than APR's or Treadstone's. it has it's issues, but every single manifold that isn't a tubular manifoldwill. unless they use a turbo brace. which is what do you know, something that the ko3 has so the STOCK manifold doesn't crack.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 PM

Conceded. No biggy; I didn't check link to see the kit wasn't an eliminator kit. I mistook CincyTT's post as saying ATP manifolds as a whole don't crack. I wasn't concerned with what the flange was. If I'd have looked at the link on the kit and not just assumed it was an eliminator kit that 99% of the B6 owners have, I'd have known better. We were arguing two different points. I was arguing ATP as a whole, and you (CincyTT) were arguing the flange making a difference. You, are right based on numbers, because there just aren't enough B6 owners with that flange in a kit to say otherwise on my part. Sorry.
Even still, APR has not had one return on a inconel Stage 3+ manifold in their existence. They don't have problems with the manifold. So, that's still a bar set real high. Software is another story.

No more littering with misinformation on my part; I'll leave that up to everyone else now.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm make believe

way to try to save face. I made it very clear in what we were talking about.

Thanks Sean

Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Where is this cracking coming from? They are cast and far from fragile. ATP manifolds are often hard to install, but far from cracking. Also, using a GOOD tuner (Revo or Unitronics), and not MIKA pos "tune", you have nothing to worry about. So stop with the BS
Here is exactly how "clear" you were. See bold words in your quote referenced above. Your first post, which is the one I responded to, was vague and said nothing of flanges. It says, well... you see what it says. It talks about "ATP Manifolds" and to me that sounded like ALL ATP manifolds in general. It wasn't until later that you talked of flanges. So, stop being the dick. I said I was wrong, but if you want to show e-***** and say I'm trying to save face, the above quote shows just how friggen "clear" you were to me. After I looked deeper in to it and went back and looked at the kit link, then I said I was wrong. Multiple times, even.
Your original post is how I interpreted it, and I admit I really didn't read much after that as I jumped on the defensive from that post. So I said I was wrong. So be proud. You're right. And a dick. Winning combination. You'll help many a B6'r destroy their car, I'm sure.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: fahquad

So be proud. You're right. And a dick. Winning combination. You'll help many a B6'r destroy their car, I'm sure.

Dont be mad that i can read and know what the hell is going on. Again, funny with the me not knowing anything jokes. Its not like im building my engine right now andstrokingit to just over 2L. But im sure if i talked you about that, it would be over your head.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

probably around 200-210 hp to the crank.
fixed
whoops, my bad.[:@] cheers brian.