Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love you if you respond to this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
1st Gear
Default I love you if you respond to this...

Hey everyone, first post. I have searched all around the site and still can't find an answer to a few of my questions. I hope I don't ask a question that everyone has heard a thousand times, I will do the best I can. First of all, what are the best parts websites or magazines to find performance parts? Also, I have looked into chips, but I still don't understand how one would be installed, can I do it myself or do I have to go to a shop? And finally, I have read that a chip is a good alternative to an intake. This might be dumb, but, would it be worth it to get an intake after I install a chip and this would obviously give me even better gains, right? I am not really experienced with European cars but that is what I am getting into because American cars are getting old. I can already tell this site is very helpful and most of my questions have already been answered. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: I love you if you respond to this...

There are tons of performance sites, I don't think you searched very hard for them.

A chip is either soldered in to the ECU or flashed through the diagnostic port depending on your car year. You almost always have to go to a tuner who sells the chip or send your ECU away to have it soldered in.

An intake really won't give you any extra HP. I've never heard a chip as a "replacement".

Old 03-23-2005, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear

Welcome to the fourms Common_Sense. Which A4 do you have? Use the search function to get info on chips, there are a mairiad of posts on them. As for the intake, there are many posts on that topic as well.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

here
http://www.audicrazy.com/shops.htm

Old 03-23-2005, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

you'll get much better, more relevant responses if you decide exactly what you want and do at least a little research on it first...

Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

There are tons of performance sites, I don't think you searched very hard for them.

A chip is either soldered in to the ECU or flashed through the diagnostic port depending on your car year. You almost always have to go to a tuner who sells the chip or send your ECU away to have it soldered in.

An intake really won't give you any extra HP. I've never heard a chip as a "replacement".
If i get a flashloader (if i got that s4) i can just plug it into my diagnostic port and be able to do it myself? Like a Hypertech tuner that i had for my old car?

I know if i was chipping it i would need someother stuff, but its just about the chip install not about the parts and stuff

Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

hey apg, for the number of posts you have i would think you would know more about your vehicle and b5's in general.

seems like a search would lead you to endless info on the questions you ask.

end rant!!!