Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think its blown....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Default I think its blown....

So I did the best Air Box Mod to my car... Right?

Had the mod done for almost 10,000 miles. The other day I was driving down a road and sure enough I didn't see it but there is a puddle there... It drove home fine, but when I got home and let it sit on the turbo timer it started to idol ruff... So I replace the spark plugs, Change the oil, replace the Air filter, flush the coolant... And still it idols ruff, but now it idols ruff with the flashing Check Engine light... F.... u.....c....k....

I'm out of ideas.. Anyone?
stu

Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I think its blown....

Why do you need ideas you already blamed the box mod.........Maybe I should have said to put the filter back in when your done

Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Site Moderator

Get your ecu scanned for fault codes. No one can say for sure without codes.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:34 PM

Onepoint- Yeah waiting on my friend to get to my house with the Vag... Thanks Beer mod ********....

Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Site Moderator

Its probably going to be a missfire code... I dont know if you should blame it on the airbox mod though. Could be a coincidence... How big was the puddle and how fast did you go through it??

Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
3rd Gear

I do my best

Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 PM

Oh it might not be, that was just my only idea.. I didn't have any others at the time... Thats why I posted up.. The thing is I run the test pipe so my check light comes on every now and then for that. I don't know, just ******* sucks... Sounds like its missing in a cylinder when I rev it up... Missing bad... I've only tried to rev to maybe 2. if that ...

The puddle wasn't that deep, but my filter was wet...

Old 11-13-2006, 09:42 PM

I wouldn't start blaming Beer Mod... he was just trying to enlighten the situation, however when it comes to modification, you know there is always risk. Yes it sucks, but you shouldn't be throwing names at people before you know what the real problem is. If it had hydrolocked, typically it wouldn't even run, so look at the bright side, it could be a coincidence.

1st Gear

i would say misfiring but i dont think the airbox could have caused it 100%. vag it and then we will know for sure

3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee
How big was the puddle and how fast did you go through it??

Unless it was over the hood it should never get through the K&N, then the turbo, then the innercooler, then the intake, then the head, then the.............Did the oil have water in it? You would know if it hydrolocked cuz it wont turn over

Quick Reply: I think its blown....