Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new... A4 Cabriolet questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Default I'm new... A4 Cabriolet questions

Hi guys!
Saturday I got an 2004 A4 Cabriolet. I love it so much! Anywho, I've already got a problem. (My car didn't come with an owners manual so bear with me.) We were leaving a restaraunt on yesterday and my husband went to put the top down and stopped for a moment when something distracted him and the top froze up. I called the dealership (we bought it certified pre-owned) and the salesperson walked me through the steps for using the T key thing to lock it back up. He told me that I need to get the computer reset to get the top working again. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to take it in but was wondering if there were any alternatives. My husband has a BMW 5 series and when I took that to get an oil change at the dealship, I was there for 4 hours. Should I expect a long wait?
My other question was about the XM radio. I found out I had XM and wanted to switch it to Sirius (I had it in my Chrysler 300 and loved it!) so what do I need to go about switching it? I know they are merging soon but if it was inexpensive, I just wanted to switch it now.

Thanks for everyone's help!!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I'm new... A4 Cabriolet questions

The sirius thing isnt too bad the radio control Module is in the trunk of the car, you will need to replace it with a sirius ready module and then pay for sirius and give them the activation numbers. The dealership deapending on how bad of a wait there is can very yes you can wait for a long time if you can an appoinment during the middle of the day, if you get 8am first appt there shouldnt be a wait rally at all just the time to do the work.