Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing BOV

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Installing BOV

does anyone with a A4 have a BOV and if so whats your experience with it

Old 01-08-2005, 03:32 AM
4th Gear

With the tuning anything can be done and for some setups there a must. Dave you know i dont run a bov for obvious reasons. If i have differnt setup i would, like your last setup i would. Greenday, my statement of why audi didnt put it on there was because its a closed looped turbo system, but obvisously you missed that. Why would you say you can run a bov just fine when next paragragh your saying all the bad side effects. Why would you tell him it will be fine when you know he will run lean and prolly need a new cat after awhile, talk about misleading info. Just because i personally dont run a bov doesnt mean i dont know anything about them. Hang around for a while greenday and maybe you learn a few things.

greenday- i hope werent refering that i dont know anything and that i "regurgitate(sp?)" things.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:05 AM
1st Gear

WELL IVE BEEN A ROUND FOR A WHILE AND HAVE READ MANY MANY MANY POST ON THIS SUBJECT AND FOR YOUR INFO YOUR CAR WILL NOT RUN LEAN IT WILL RUN RICH AND I FOR ONE HAVE A BOV ON MY CAR AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY OF THE SIDEFECTS LISTED (CED ECT. ) AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY PASSWORD IS IN CAPS AND TOO LAZY TO ERASE EVERYTHING AND DO IT AGAIN

Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 AM
6th Gear

Well using a bov will not damage your car short term. It's with cumulative usuage that you run the risk of cat damage and engine damage due to running rich. Honestly you probably wouldn't have any issues with running one, but if you plan on keeping your car for awhile you may run into some problems. I'm of the philosophy of why would you put something on your car that has the potential for causing damage just so you can make some noise that appeals to 17 year olds and honda drivers?

VIVA LA FAST AND FURIOUS!!!

Old 01-08-2005, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

ok so i adjusted the bov every way posible but still the same prob it just sputters when it releases dose anyone know what it could be thanks oh and im no putting it on my car for the appeal of a 17 yr old im putting it on there because i like it and thats why i mod my cars is to do things that i like not what everyone else likes any help would be appreciated
thanks

Old 01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

dose anyone know anything about bov's need help?

Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM
4th Gear

Do you still have the diverter valve conected. if so It is probably letting the expess pressure do what it is supposed to and the BOV just can't keep up. Don't really know what the apeal is but what ever floats your boat.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
4th Gear

yeah, i meant run rich. I was referring to greenday when i said stick around for while because hes new to audis. No, your obvisously not going to have bad side effects after having it on there for a days. If i were you which im not, I would spend my money on making my have a little over 150hp and have something to back it up. Your car looks great but its slow as can be and a blow valve is just going to make you lose hp, not gain.. Run a setup that you really benifit from a bov, thats just my .02.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:45 PM
2nd Gear

His sig is not his car...

Have fun with your BOV but...
a) sounds like it was already a waste..what did you pay for it?
b) don't cry when it breaks..

More power to ya for doin what you want..but there ARE reasons why people stay away from BOV's on Audi's closed loop turbo system.

-T

Old 01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

yeah the car will run rich, during bov venting situations, this can cause the cat to becomne clogged or burned up prematurely, it will not cause engine damage however, unless miracously it sprayed enough fuel in there to wash the lubrication off, then maybe. but thats a lot of fuel. read my post before, i gave you ways to fix your sputtering problem. and all the sideaffects are all part of the bov yes, but they really are not that bad, and when adjusted right they can run fine. your best bet if you like the sound is to run a semi atmospheric BOV, this type of bov will direct some of the air back into the intake system and vent some into the air, the result is much less rich condition and no(well less) after fires. my brother runs a semi atmospheric bov on his b5 passat, with the bov set more to vent outside than to divert, he has never had any problems, idles smooth, no cel, and his cat is doing just dandy.

Quick Reply: Installing BOV