Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K04 vs. Gpopshop K04

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:20 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: K04 vs. Gpopshop K04

A Fizzle,
Whats up man, It's Josh from inland euros! You finally found the audi forums. LOL I thought you were going to sell your 1.8 so you could go back to the 2.8? Oh well... I am also planning on going with the GPop shop K04. The problem is everytime I get the money to start buying parts something comes up and I can't get them... But eventually I will. Good luck!

Josh

Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 PM

wow, definately some of the best info i have gotten so far! thanks man!! really appreciated!

thanks for your patience with my horrible knowledge, i am trying to get the ball rolling on this thing, and i plan to learn as i go like most i suppose!

ORIGINAL: dafrazi

You have 2000 A4 with ATW engine code, right?
If so, you will want the GIAC J-31 file (it's the most agressive of the k04 files for the B5 and it only works for the 2000 A4). I don't think GIAC sells that file anymore (it's no tlisted on their website anymore) but if you ask around you may be able to find someone or some tuner still selling it. If you can find the j-31 file, you are going to need injectors(Siemens Deka injectors or Genesis injectors. This is important becasue of the dual cone spray pattern needed for our engines), tt 225 maf sensor & housing, a FMIC, 2.5" cat-back exhaust (the piping measures 2.75" outside diameter thus the confusion), and of course a k04-15. I believe that is all the components you'll need.

If you can't find the J-31 file, your stuck with the regular old 5 bar k04 file (or get a custom chip). For that you will need a 5bar fuel pressure regulator, a 2.5" cat-back exhaust, and the turbo. The 5 bar k04 file makes the car feel like you think an A4 should feel straight from the factory. Not a huge hp difference over a chipped k03 but enough extra torque to make up for the hp low increase over a chipped k03.

Lastly, APR does not sell a k04 file for the B5 model A4s.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 PM

wow, definately some of the best info i have gotten so far! thanks man!! really appreciated!

thanks for your patience with my horrible knowledge, i am trying to get the ball rolling on this thing, and i plan to learn as i go like most i suppose!

ORIGINAL: dafrazi

You have 2000 A4 with ATW engine code, right?
If so, you will want the GIAC J-31 file (it's the most agressive of the k04 files for the B5 and it only works for the 2000 A4). I don't think GIAC sells that file anymore (it's no tlisted on their website anymore) but if you ask around you may be able to find someone or some tuner still selling it. If you can find the j-31 file, you are going to need injectors(Siemens Deka injectors or Genesis injectors. This is important becasue of the dual cone spray pattern needed for our engines), tt 225 maf sensor & housing, a FMIC, 2.5" cat-back exhaust (the piping measures 2.75" outside diameter thus the confusion), and of course a k04-15. I believe that is all the components you'll need.

If you can't find the J-31 file, your stuck with the regular old 5 bar k04 file (or get a custom chip). For that you will need a 5bar fuel pressure regulator, a 2.5" cat-back exhaust, and the turbo. The 5 bar k04 file makes the car feel like you think an A4 should feel straight from the factory. Not a huge hp difference over a chipped k03 but enough extra torque to make up for the hp low increase over a chipped k03.

Lastly, APR does not sell a k04 file for the B5 model A4s.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 PM

haha whats up j bizzle?

yeah i seen you posting around her a little bit, not a lot recently though

im looking into a custom FMIC possibly. . . im not sure though

i would really like to go with a real k04-15 but i might be stuck with a k04 from gpop depending on funds and all

what else have you gotten in the works for your 1.8?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
4th Gear

LOL, J bizzle??? Oh man...

Yeah I have been posting in the Off-Topic section a lot lately. Check it out, there is a lot of funny posts in there.

ANYWAYS,

I have a FMIC sitting in my room at my house waiting to be installed along with a turbo timer. I am planning on getting the K04 turbo setup with the PC-16 file, a tip-chip (It's an upgraded chip for my transmission since I have the trip-tronic tranny. It will make me shift faster reducing the lag and also reducing the stress on the tranny. 1 second between gears to .2 of a second between gears ) I am also looking at new injectors, possibly a test pipe and a custom exhaust system with milltek mufflers.

It will be a while before I get all that done though. Stupid money crap... GRR

Josh

Oh and are you planning on installing that stuff on your own?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Yeah i think im gonna DIY it up. . . My buddy has recently bought a E36 325is and we have been learning as we go on that also, most of the mods look fairly easy possibly time consuming but thats the funnest part IMO

I think i'm going to go with borla exhaust, k04 (real or popshopped), some new injectors (havent looked into them too much yet), the the FMIC chip, and probably a custom built FMIC. . . oh and of course upgrade DV

i'd love to do more of course but as always. . . $$$$ is an issue and im looking into buying my first house at the end of summer so. . . ugh . . . ya know haha

Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear

i think it depends if you get a new or gpop'ed K04. if your turbo is really old and has a lot of miles then why not spend $200 more and get a brand new one. I know that gpop does take care of the turbo, but if it is old and maybe damaged or something,.... get a new one. if you have few miles, then go gpop

Old 05-22-2007, 10:12 PM

i've got just over 100k i was under the impression that a real k04-15 was atleast $1200 ? where is the cheapest place to get them? besides classifieds since thats so hit and miss

Old 05-23-2007, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

lets see here:

http://www.supremepowerparts.com/app...K04_0015_Turbo

Kit: http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...&IL=AWEK04

scroll down a bit: http://www.ctsturbo.com/turbochargers.php

there are some others, but i forgot where