Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

at least want to say its been modded?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
1st Gear
Default at least want to say its been modded?

i'll probably get the newbie face slap response to these but after searching around thru a few forums, google, ebay etc. and after reading the previous thread entitled For my fellow 2.8 owners, Why we should never mod for speed... alittle discouraged on doing much power wise to the car... theproducts are either only for turboed, costs too much for not much of a differance, or way too many are against it... reading your threads are quite confusing, at one point i was like yeah i'll get the evom intake and then ran across a thread stating not much is better than the stock intake and a few even protested the evom saying they had it it caused probs etc. then the carbonio came into play (btw anyone have it? havent searched the forums for it yet sorry) and figured on that and an lltek exhaust for a little throaty sound but you peeps keep going back and forth on the subject of the stock this or that is better! i'm faced with this- my cars a stock b5 2.8 quattro "tiptronic" (what is the legit name? ive seen it called by audi multitronic, soft touch...) i would like something to do with the electronic shifting, make it more responsive.. on top of the pipes, the lungs, maybe a chip, a tiptronic upgrade, carbon fiber hood+ trunk lid and then id be satisfied in saying "my baby's got some stuff"
can you guys settle some info for me on these items cuz its just been to 50 50 on the topics

Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: at least want to say its been modded?

lol sorry for discouraging you but for all the money you spend on everything you plan on doing, you could be supercharged and really be able to say your babies got *****.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 AM

go for suspension, then exhaust and then save your pennies for a supercharger (or the cost effective alternative would be nitrous(There's a guy on here who runs a 75 shot and keeps up w if not pulls S4's))

don't waste your money on a chip!...and the carbon fiber stuff (hood and trunk) will prolly drop your weight by 65-70lbs. at most, not worth the 1600$ to drop your quarter mile time by less than a 1/4 of a sec. (that price is for the good stuff)

dont spend too much on an intake for your car, the 2.8 is not as prone to heat soak, because it doesn't have a turbo directly underneath it, Id bet there a quite a few guys on her who made a custom intake for their 2.8 (search and you will find)

good luck!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

lol sorry for discouraging you but for all the money you spend on everything you plan on doing, you could be supercharged and really be able to say your babies got *****.
far from it, this is the type of stuff i need to hear thanks...a supcha would need basically the same setup as turbo as in intercooler, exhaust... etc

Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

You want all that on a 2.8.... Why did you buy that car if I may ask?[&:]

Old 02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

sorry jump the gun on that meant to add this in.
so far i'm pretty encouraged to drop a few things off my list, such as the chip which would put some big loot back into my pockets for others things. the sc setup is a pretty penny and i havent found as many stress drawbacks towards the engine components as a turbo would do and it wouldnt have the initial jolt either
do the stock piston/piston rings handle well enough with a sc?
as far as i've been concerned so far with an exhaust system, its just pipes from the cat back so really i can take a big budget cut on the spending price as long as i get a good diameter (2.5?) made from quality materials (t504?) does a name brand really make much of a diff?
all in all i took a 10k loan out from the bank to buy a car (what i told them) but since i love my car and after so long have paid it off i decided try leveling off some of these court fines i'll sqweeze out som change for the car which should leave me around 3300... how much in the hole did u guys go with the sc set completed

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

You want all that on a 2.8.... Why did you buy that car if I may ask?[&:]
bought it from and audi porche mechanic, i had driven past this place everyday to work when i moved into my new apt... blah blah blah and then they parked her outside with a for sale sign. stunning escalede pearl color tinted windows m3 style rims, not an imperfection on the body the interior mint and having been driving in a prelude the audi test drive sold me! i had the option to get a 1.8t in silver but the mechanic said the 2.8 had more hp and also said it is an expensive fix to maintain a turbo further more he showed me his weeks agenda and quite a few were for 1.8t then he showed me a taxi cab from germany yes an a4 cab that had more than 380k miles (he brought it with him from home) his last car had more miles than that. he'd replace the interior twice but never the engine. i was sold! can u argue with an old german guy with a life time of audis. so thats why i got it so this is what i'm working with had i thought of modding audi first i wouldve researched which model would be more compliant =(

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear

if you are going to do SC you will also need CAI and exhaust. just got custom for the exhaust 2.5in piping to a magnaflow muffler, $350 tops