Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at a B6 A4 advice needed :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Default Looking at a B6 A4 advice needed :)

As per my newbie thread, I've been looking for a replacement for my Supra twin turbo as I need a more family oriented car, though not specifically an Audi, I've looked at Honda Civic's, accord's etc. and I've previously owned a 3.2 Vectra V6.

Whilst up at the place I bought my Supra this afternoon (Vine place sports and performance) I noticed a '52 plate A4 Quattro Sport 180 sitting in front of the showroom (2.5 TDi), I must admit I've never given them a 2nd glance before but it seemed literally loaded to the hilt with equipment including full heated leather, all electrics etc.

It even has plenty of m.o.t & fsh! The only thing that puts me off is the mileage, at 113,000 miles it's no virgin, however, I am sympathetic to the fact that it's an 8 year old car (even though IMO it doesn't look it as it's as clean as a whistle!)

I've done no digging with regards to price but TBH, one of the reasons I'm looking at this car as that the garage that is offering it offer exceptional customer service and really look after you! TBH I'd be looking to do a swap for my Supra that I've spent circa £3k on in the last 12 months since I bought it, maybe even get a little cash back, we'll see.

What do you VAG heads think of this car? Is the 2.5 TDi a tuneable motor? I've heard magical things about remaps for Audi's is 113,000 merely breaking in mileage for this sort of car (not literally of course) The car is not going to be a daily driver, I have a brand new transit for work, I'm after a smart, spacious, reliable saloon/hatchback that I can have a bit of a fettle with and ferry my new family around in safely and comforably

BTW, here is a link to the car...

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/vehi...0839437_1c.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Kev