Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

moonroof/sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 AM
1st Gear
Default moonroof/sunroof

Hey guys new to the site and the audi a4 ha. Just bought today has some minor issues.

THe moonroof works. But it tilts and clicks loudly when I moves it opens but not all thr way and also clicks loudly from the front of the glass. Once I do either I have to play with the switch to get it to close correctly. Anyone have a clue what it could be. Seems like motor is fine. The shade is jammed back wont come more than half way closed like its off track and stuck.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Sounds like broken guides on the tracks. Mine also clicks and I haven't removed it yet to fix it, but I've read of people having issues like this.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

Similar problem here. Found that the wires were stripped and the teeth on the motor were also. I would suggest not opening until you get it fixed as mine had stuck open at one time and I was stuck only driving in good weather until I got it closed all the way. Using the manual override tool to turn the motor doesn't work either since the lines are stripped.

Mine still isn't fixed either as it hasn't been a priority but hopefully this summer I'll get to it. The fix is replacing the whole sunroof assembly so far as I've been able to find.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

There are plastic guides that are built onto the sunroof to keep the springs in the frame correctly positioned during opening and closing. You can buy these guides seperatley but they are easiest to install with the sunroof out of the vehicle. There are also block tabs that bring the sunroof back forward when the sunroof opens back all the way and then goes back forward they pull the sunshade forward a few inches. These were at one point available seperately but I think Audi changed that and now require the whole sunroof frame. Not cheap and the headliner, A-pillar, B-pillar and C-pillars have to be removed to do the job. I would advise paying an actual Audi dealership to do the job if you want it fixed because independent shops typically screw up something.. There are always exceptions and you may know of a good shop.

Old 11-23-2020, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

Hello
I have the same issue on my Audi A4 Avant 2010.
When I hit the open switch, the sunshade does not open anymore and I can only hear some slight click.
Anyone here that managed to get this issue fixed and can share some hints?
Thank you
Alex