Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car is driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
1st Gear
Default My Car is driving me nuts!

Now the o2 sensor is bad...car is rough idling until it warms up...check engine light goes from on...to off...to sometimes flashing (for like 5-10 seconds once a week)...VAG is pulling stuff about o2 left and right...the HVAC system is screwed up...but none of it seems car threatening from what I have read...

I swear I have only truly enjoyed this car about 6 or 8 months out of the around 12 I have owned it...sad part is...all the trouble was worth it...and still is...cuz when she is running...she is lots of fun...

But the thing that really pisses me off is the windshield wipers stopped working...they used to stay on even when turned off but at least they worked...now you press the lever down the move up and inch and die and then about 10 seconds later reset to original position...

Any idea how much that should cost me? I am assuming the motor is bad or something...(on top of the fact I was gonna get new blades anyways) It's the first thing I am gonna get fixed...

Old 04-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: My Car is driving me nuts!

Might be time for some 02 sensors??? If you have higher mileage thats nothing to complain about.. Normal maintenance... Your wiper problem is the type of stuff that scares me because it could be a number of things.. Doesnt sound like a motor issue.. More like a relay or wiper/tursig stalk unit malfunction. Get some rain-x for the time being.. I have it on mine and even when its raining pretty hard i barely need the wipers at all.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:30 PM

the wiper motor on most cars I know have this problem so its not strictly an Audi problem, you can strip the motor down and clean the grease of the contacts which in most cases that's all that's wrong also check the relays for the intermittent wash wipe there are 2 of them "5 and 6" on the relay plate with 14 relays on it and 8 fuses round the sides of the plate

Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

the wiper motor on most cars I know have this problem so its not strictly an Audi problem, you can strip the motor down and clean the grease of the contacts which in most cases that's all that's wrong also check the relays for the intermittent wash wipe there are 2 of them "5 and 6" on the relay plate with 14 relays on it and 8 fuses round the sides of the plate
Got a picture? Or a how to?