Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
1st Gear
Default New guy with a couple of questions

hello all. i have a silver 02 quattro 5 speed. ive been reading audiforums for a few months about mods and i have a few questions.

Ive looked at all the intakes and i know there are no real gains so obviously the cheapest one would be sufficent. I found this boosted tech intake on the audizine mod sticky and for some reason ive never really seen anyone talk about it on here. http://www.boostedtech.com/products.asp

It seems like a good deal for $215 if someone doesn't want to construct an intake. my question is does it have a heat shield on it? i can't exactly tell from the picture. Does anyone have experience with it?

Also i know i need a boost guage for when i chip the car. Ive noticed the guages for the newsouth performance guage(which i will most likely be buying because of the price) and the podi guage have 0-30 psi. This may be a stupid question but wouldn't a guage that reads a smaller range be more accurate/better since our cars don't put out too much boost?(i believe i read 6-8ish psi with a chip)

thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Default RE: New guy with a couple of questions

ORIGINAL: SuperVan

hello all. i have a silver 02 quattro 5 speed. ive been reading audiforums for a few months about mods and i have a few questions.

Ive looked at all the intakes and i know there are no real gains so obviously the cheapest one would be sufficent. I found this boosted tech intake on the audizine mod sticky and for some reason ive never really seen anyone talk about it on here. http://www.boostedtech.com/products.asp

It seems like a good deal for $215 if someone doesn't want to construct an intake. my question is does it have a heat shield on it? i can't exactly tell from the picture. Does anyone have experience with it?

Also i know i need a boost guage for when i chip the car. Ive noticed the guages for the newsouth performance guage(which i will most likely be buying because of the price) and the podi guage have 0-30 psi. This may be a stupid question but wouldn't a guage that reads a smaller range be more accurate/better since our cars don't put out too much boost?(i believe i read 6-8ish psi with a chip)

thanks!
They put more like 1.3 bars give or take a lil or 19-23 PSI on the spike and like 17PSI hold with a chip depending on brand I believe.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Guru

you are looking at as much if not more work than your homemade(diy) intake, for more than double the cost

i would do the podi as it replaces the factory top piece and looks a ton better

as for the 30 psi..... it will still be as if not more accurate from podi cause he takes time and makes sure everything he sells is top notch.... and if you decide to go bt

you should make about the 9 range at most stock..... 18-20 spike and 15-17 hold

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

awesome thanks for the fast replies