Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default New Front Bumper

So I've been looking around for a new bumper either S4 or an RS4 replica. Since the S4 is hard to source I've been leaning more towards the RS4 and cam across this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...spagenameZWD1V

What is everyone's take on it?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Front Bumper

It's a nice-looking bumper for sure. Only thing I worry about is the large number of fitment horror stories I've heard about eBay body kits over the years. Maybe it's not the case with these - I'm not sure - but I have heard about a lot of problems with major trimming and such to get them to fit correctly. For awhile it almost sounded like the ones being sold on eBay were the "scratch n dent" variety - the ones that didn't pass the quality controls for the makers with regard to fit and finish, so they weren't going to be sold under the brand name, and instead were sold off on eBay. No guarantees there - that's just what the stories made it sound like. Maybe someone on here has bought that bumper from that seller and can give you a better idea what to expect.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

Heres what I got for you, Fiberglass can be a real pain in the *** sometimes to work with, I've also been looking to buy a S4 body kit at some point over the next year and one of the guys on the forums gave me this website and it seems to have some of the best stuff I've seen so far.

http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/RI55025

Try that on for size, May be a little bit more money but when it comes to body kits its worth the quality.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Gotta agree with you on that - what you save initially by buying a "cheap" kit, you'll probably spend later at the body shop with all the extra labor getting it to fit. Genuine OEM would be the best bet (a "real" RS4 or S4 bumper) - you'll pay out the nose, but it will bolt up perfectly. Paint it at the shop, take it home, and bolt it up in your driveway with zero fitment issues.