Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy looking for some suggestions when purchasing an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Default New guy looking for some suggestions when purchasing an Audi

I've owned a '99 GMC Jimmy for years now. It's been trouble free, even now with over 180,000 miles on it. Unfortunatly I'm getting booooooored with it after owning it for 6 or 7 years. Time for a new ride.

I'm shooting for around the $10,000 range +/-. I've been checking a few sites and some classifieds seeing what sparks my interests. A few Audi's are on the list. Both have around 80,000 miles though. I'm just wondering what I should expect buying an Audi with that many miles and what I should be checking for when I go look at them. If there's other options you think I should look at in that price range feel free to make suggestions. I was also curious what the fuel requirements are for most Audis. 91+?

A little about me:
It's going to be my daily driver all year around here in MI. I'm just outside the Detroit area so getting through super deep snow isn't too much of a concern but wet and snowy road performance would be a concern.
I've customized every vehicle I've ever owned. Some extreme, some mild. I'll probably go more towards the mild route on this.
I like working on cars myself. I'd like to find something that's not impossible to do general maintinence in my garage on and won't make me go broke every time I need to change the brake pads. (brake pad change on the Jimmys are around $100).

Here's the two I'm cosidering. Both are around $9500:

2001 Audi A6 AWD 2.7 litre
This Audi is in good shape has 85,xxx miles and features:
Automatic Trans with Triptronic Shift
Exterior: Black
Interior: Onyx Ambition, black leather
All Standard Features
Preferred Luxury Package: Sunroof, Leather Seats, Seat/Mirror Memory
Premium Package: Multi-function Steering Wheel, Xenon Headlights, Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Cold Weather Package: Heated front and rear seats, Ski sack
Bose Premium Sound
ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Dual Airbags
Anti-lock brakes
Factory AC
Power windows
Power locks
Tilt
Cruise
Center console
And much more !!!
Black 2002 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo
Black 2002 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo. Well maintained with records. Excellent body condition! Tan leather interior with power options! Fairly new tires! Zenon lights!

-Air Conditioning Tilt Wheel Dual Front Air Bags
-Power Steering Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)
-Power Windows
-Power Door Locks
-Sun Roof
-Alloy Wheels
-6 CD CHANGER/AM/FM Stereo/Cassette
-Leather Interior
-Traction Control
-6 speed Techtronic Transmission -83,379 miles
Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Mystic Knight; 09-11-2008 at 10:41 PM.