Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New highbeam switch and Alarm problem and door/hood sensors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
1st Gear
Default New highbeam switch and Alarm problem and door/hood sensors...

Alright so my car went in the other day because I got a CEL and needed some new hoses and stuff (don't know how to do it myself yet so I basically got raped by the stealership).

Anyway- I have previously had problems with the turning signal/high beam switch where the lights wouldn't stay on, but it hasn't happened in a little while so SHOULD it happen again (knocks on wood) anyone know of a good place to get one cheap so I can save a little money?

Also- I've also had intermittant alarm problems and my dealership suspects either one/several of my door sensors are bad or my trunk/hood sensor is bad... is there any way I can figure out which one and if so, can I replace it? Here's the problem: if I lock the car and the horn doesn't signal than almost 100% of the time the alarm lights will flash but no sound will go off. If the horn does sound everything is fine.

Thanks in advance...

Old 11-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Default RE: New highbeam switch and Alarm problem and door/hood sensors...

My car alarm also has problems from time to time. I'll lock the car and I won't hear any quick Beep from the car. Then the alarm goes off by itself. This usually happens after the car has been to the dealer. Sometimes it starts to work again after a day or so.

Maybe the door sensors are screwed up. But after all the other crap they keep track of in the car. Why can't they keep track of the door sensors as well????

Old 11-22-2005, 02:39 AM
3rd Gear

Sometimes the detail guys get the switchs wet which can cause them to go off for no reason for a couple days. If the alarm doesnt beep you probably have a busted door switch. Probably the drivers, it gets used the most. There is a display group in the scan tool that can be used to determine which door is registering closed.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AML 225
Anyway- I have previously had problems with the turning signal/high beam switch where the lights wouldn't stay on, but it hasn't happened in a little while so SHOULD it happen again (knocks on wood) anyone know of a good place to get one cheap so I can save a little money?
Thanks in advance...

which lights dont stay on? the turn signals or the actual low/high beam? because if its just the turn signals, it could be the relay that needs to be replaced. it happend to me earlier this year. the relay is actually your hazard button switch so you would have to change it.