Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure is good - but pressure lights still blinking!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Attempting to flush engine to keep from changing oil pump...

Could it possibly be that the line to the oil filter is clogged? The filter does get oil because it was full when I took it off. What are the signs of an oil pump malfunctioning or not working other than the low oil pressure light? Thanks guys!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

Well if you are doing all that, replace the filter and probably flush your engine with Auto-RX.

You should take the PVC piping off and flush that out too because sludge will buildup there as well.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Site Moderator

I stand corrected! Thats surprising... There must be a clog somewhere.. And just because there is oil in the oil filter doesnt mean that there isnt a clog in the lines. Other than a good flush i have no idea what you should do other than that...

Old 04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
4th Gear

Have a mechanic place a mechanical oil pressure guage on the engine. Run the engine while reading it.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

How do I replace the filter/screen? It didn't look like it just comes off? Does anyone have a write up or can write some for me? And what exactly are the PVC pipes? Where are they located? (I'm a novice here - so take it easy on me) Does anyone have a pic that they took with the oil pan off where they could point out which exactly are the pvc pipes. Also, where is the best place to buy the Auto RX treatment? Would an Audi mechanic have somekind of professional treatment that they would do if I brought the car to them or is Auto RX all I really need? Thanks alot!

Old 04-07-2006, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

Is there a chance that the belt that turns the oil pump isn't rolling correctly or the roller on the pump is loose is does something like this not happen? Would adding Lucas oil additive help with anything?

Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

Ok dude, you are asking like 50 million questions. Honestly, take it to a shop if you have no idea how to do stuff. Search on google for Auto RX. Also, I don't know all the PVC piping you need to replace, get a bently manual and check and see where all the oil lines are. I had mine done at the stealership - do not go there.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

I'm relieved! Checked my oil pressure today and it was good - actually higher than what the book says it should be at idle. But the oil light is still blinking so I'm guessing that this is an electrical issue as the tach also doesn't work, the abs and brake light are on(brake light blinking and beeps 3 times) and the airbag light is on. How do I diagnose this problem? What do I check first or what could be the most likely cause of the problem? thanks

Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

harness behind instrument cluster. I'm almost 100% sure the computer for the oil pressure goes straight into the cluster

Old 04-11-2006, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

Right after posting this last post, I get in the car to drive to church and the tach starts working, the abs and brake light along with the low oil pressure light don't light up. Works fine the next two times that I start and run the car. Then as I'm driving later on this evening, the tach drops to zero(stops working) and all the lights come back along with the 3 beeps. So obviously this is all connected.