Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with my A4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Problems with my A4

I posted up a few problems I had with my A4 earlier. I wasn't sure what the problems were, but now that I have taken it to the Audi dealer, I know 100%

* Window making nasty noise rolling down (Passenger front) *
Problem = Power window regulator
Cost to repair = $370

* Clunk/pop in my front suspension (or so it seemed), felt it on the passenger floor board, etc. *
Problem = Bent/Dented sway bar, Dented/tweaked Subframe
Cost to repair = $1170 + $150 alignment

I bought the car from a dealer on 6/3/06 and so I took it back to them. Keep in mind that the car had 57k miles on it and it was not from an Audi dealer. I was not sure how they were going to deal with this. They told me they would take care of it. So now the car is in the shop awaiting a new subframe, sway bar, and power window regulator.

I actually am not too worried about the subframe. I thought "Oh god no!! Frame damage?!@#?!?" But if you look at the bottom of the car, you will see that if you replace the subframe, it isnt too big of a deal. It is just some labor and a new piece and a new alignment. Not like having "frame" damage.

How did this happen??
Well, it looks like the previous driver drove over something and it damaged the bottom of the car.

I'll attach a few pics here for your viewing pleasure.
Click here for pictures

Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Problems with my A4

that sucks man, but honestly its probably nothing to worry about, if anything id just replace the sway bar... unless ofcourse the dealer is gunna pay for it then go all out but **** over a grand to fix something that really isnt that bad seems kinda rediculous

Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Problems with my A4

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

that sucks man, but honestly its probably nothing to worry about, if anything id just replace the sway bar... unless ofcourse the dealer is gunna pay for it then go all out but **** over a grand to fix something that really isnt that bad seems kinda rediculous
Funny you mention that.
I was thinking about it a bit and if it was MY money, I might just replace the swing arm. So what if it has a little dent in it. It is probably fine and prob will never be a problem. Now, if its 100% straight perfect then we're okay. If somehow the dent has tweaked it a little, then it needs replacing of course.