Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Display LED's burnt out?? (no not locked im not that new)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Default Radio Display LED's burnt out?? (no not locked im not that new)

we just got a A4 and the center Radio display does not even turn on.... all of us have arrived at the conclusion that it has burned out and so we had it looked at by a friend who works for the dealer and he says we need a whole new unit....

Im fairly certain this is a problem that can be fixed without having to buy a whole new unit.... does anyone know anything about fixing this? possibly pulling out the led screen and putting a new one in?

thanks

Old 04-23-2006, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Radio Display LED's burnt out?? (no not locked im not that new)

It may be posible to swap out the lcd display but itd be a real pain in the *** to do. You would have to disassemble the entire radio. Then you d have to figure out where to get a lcd display from.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 PM
3rd Gear

Just Ebay and look for a new head unit. Much cheaper than the stealership. It would be way too much work to fix and that's not even guaranteed.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:17 PM

There IS an easy fix to this.. just pretend like it was never even there and move on lol
Just kiddin man, from what I understand those things give many a person a hassel. Either some random line on the display goes out, or the whole thing just dies one day. What year is your car man?

Old 04-23-2006, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: FezA4

There IS an easy fix to this.. just pretend like it was never even there and move on lol
Just kiddin man, from what I understand those things give many a person a hassel. Either some random line on the display goes out, or the whole thing just dies one day. What year is your car man?

its an 02' 3.0

well id really like to just plain fix the thing to be honest guys.... I know its possible because with my 328 bmw i had the same problem and all i had to do was re-solder some contacts on a resistor.... but im new to audi stuff so im not gunna go busting into a headunit lol