Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Digital display in my dash is partially burnt out (02 TT).

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Digital display in my dash is partially burnt out (02 TT).

The digital display in my dash is partially burnt out. I am talking about the little square digital display near the tachometer and speedometer that indicates temperature, service notifications, etc.. It is functioning properly and about 70% of the display is fine, but there rest is burnt.

I was looking to fix/ replace it somehow so I called the local Audi dealership and asked for the cost to replace this little digital display. They said they would have to replace the whole console and it would cost $1,200! ...way more than I was expecting to pay.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Is this really a problem that cannot be fixed unless the WHOLE console is replaced?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
1st Gear

Better option is full rebuild (fuel guage and temp guage crap out too--eventually). these guys have done good work for other tt owners in the past. http://www.modulemaster.com/en/servi...t_clusters.php

i'll probably send mine to them before long. I'm missing a few pixels too but my guages are ok, so far. Thought I'd send mine in when the guages begin to screw up.

cheers

Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

are there any DIY guides on fixing these? do they entirely replace the display or is it just bad solder joints or something?