Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear window falling down :(

Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Default rear window falling down :(

Hello, I have a 2003 a4 1.8Tbut has only 1 annoying problem. My rear passenger side window keeps falling down. It falls down and I can not get it back up unless I pull it up. I car however flip the switch and it goes down. Any ideas?

Thanks you.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Default RE: rear window falling down :(

If you've heard some sort of crunching/breaking sound, it's probably your window clips. The factory clips are plastic, but you can order metal replacement clips from the dealer. If the clips are intact, it may be the window regulator.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM

i have a 2003 audi a4 too. i heard a noise rolling up the back window and now, it goes down , but wont go up, i have to pull it up and tape it up so it wont fall down. is this an easy fix?
How do i get the door panel off without destroying it.

additionally has anyone had anytrouble with the headliner? mine is coming down, didnt know if there was an easy fix , glue/adhesive or something.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Had this same issue two weeks ago. A bad click sound when rolling up and then it falls. Must be a plastic clip that is partially broken for me.

Not having the time to take off the panel I played with the window regulator and move the window by hand with it. Got it to where the regulator will hold the window closed now at least.

here's what I did as I had to do it a second time.

Close the window by hand and then use the button to 'close' the window and you should hear a click at the top. Then open the window using the button to go half way down. Now close the window using the button and help it with your hands. Might need another person to help you get it just right. DO NOT hold the button any longer then right to the top. If you do it will pop again and start over. Mine has stayed up now for over a week as long as I don't accidently open it again...

Will post more with pics when I have time to dig into the panel and really fix it.

Good luck.

Also, when it happened I didn't have time to look at it and found that I was able to wedge a couple golf tees between the window and the inside panel and that at least kept the window from falling while driving.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Rear window falling down

I'm going through the exact same problem. The issue is a plastic part that is attached to the window regulator. The regulator has a wire with a small connector on it that snaps into this plastic part and that part is attached to the window. Audi doesn't sell the plastic part by itself....they will only sell the entire regulator which runs $150-175 depending on front or back. You can buy the part from a company in Turkey (Idealautoteile) or do a search on window regulator clip in this forum and a guy from Michigan bought up stock due to this being a common problem. I'm still waiting for my part but do have the door completely pulled apart and will take pictures as I reassemble it to show how it's done. It's really not to hard once you find all of the bolts holding it together. Stay tuned.