Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running/Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 PM
AK
Default Running/Fog lights

Fellas...whats the good word. Quick question here...I have a 2003 A4 Avant 3.0. When the ignition is turned to the on position the fog lights in the bottom corners are always permanently on. This normally is a good thing....except tonite I am taking a pretty lady to the drive-in theatre and I need those lights to go off.

I cant for the life of me figure it out, unless i just go in and pull out the fuse associated with those lights. Any other little tricks? Thanks!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Default RE: Running/Fog lights

On a B6, which your car is, you shouldn't have that. Assuming since you're going to the drive-in you are in the U.S.? I don't think other countries have drive-ins.
Anyhow, are you a second owner of the car? Because that should not be wired that way unless someone messed with it.
Any B6 >2002 had to have a re-wire and VAG COM programming in order to run fogs independent. Even then, though, they should only run when you want them to, not whenever ignition is on.
Hope pulling a fuse works; if someone re-wired them then that may not help.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM
AK

Thanks for the info man...i really appreciate it...for some reason the lights do seem to be independant though. ahh well, i'll pull a few fuses and see what happens...worst case scenario a few nice pieces of black paper will do the trick. thanks again.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:47 AM

they're daytime running lights. is the car a canadian model by chance?

Old 07-07-2007, 04:54 AM
AK

Its an American model....but I have it in Canada now. I have only owned the car for 5 months....it was imported from California and sold to me through a dealership out on the west coast of Canada. They are for sure daytime running lights...i just thought there might be a trick to getting them to turn off. Ah well!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 AM

That's why I asked if you were in U.S. in my first post. You can VAG them off, then. Your car is set for Canada. You need to change it to something else, but then you won't technicaly be legal in Canada.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-07-2007, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: fahquad

On a B6, which your car is, you shouldn't have that. Assuming since you're going to the drive-in you are in the U.S.? I don't think other countries have drive-ins.
Anyhow, are you a second owner of the car? Because that should not be wired that way unless someone messed with it.
Any B6 >2002 had to have a re-wire and VAG COM programming in order to run fogs independent. Even then, though, they should only run when you want them to, not whenever ignition is on.
Hope pulling a fuse works; if someone re-wired them then that may not help.
[align=left] [/align]
Try pulling the bulbs if you cant figure out to get them off with the vag or with the fuse, it only takes a couple minutes to get to the fogs.

Litte of topic here, but FYI we do have drive-ins in Canada.