Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Default seat belt alarm

Is there any way to turn off the annoying seat belt alarms in the 2005 Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 Liter?

Old 08-25-2006, 06:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: seat belt alarm

My parents' 06 civic has it too, it's dam annoying. Everyday I wonder the same thing.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear

Wear your seatbelt. Or if your a dumbass you can go to a junkyard and buy a belt and plug it into the latch. Or if your abitious you can rewire the belt so it thinks its always plugged in.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:05 AM
2nd Gear

you people make me sick-- why would you want to turn it off? it works doesn't it? it's so annoying that you'll put your seatbelt on to make it stop. don't be retarded.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: StevenTownsend

you people make me sick-- why would you want to turn it off? it works doesn't it? it's so annoying that you'll put your seatbelt on to make it stop. don't be retarded.
+1. We see these retarded posts every once in a while. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

You can actually disable the chime through the VAG-COM.
On newer cars, the chime continues when you're in the car with the ignition on. It doesn't just chime once then stop. It keeps chiming. Really annoying if you're just chilling in a parking spot, or washing your car for example.

You can set it to chime only once, like earlier cars, or disable the chime feature entirely. The seat belt warning on the dash will function as normal.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM

Thanks, this is most helpful, but how does one practalcally do this? Where is the VAG-COM located?

Old 02-08-2007, 02:21 PM
DJ

Hoping you can share more info on how to turn off that horrible seat belt alarm in the A4. This thing is going to drive me crazy. What the heck was Audi thinking - it's beyond a normal alarm - for example, I had something heavy on the passenger seat the other day which must have weighed enough to register as a person - I had to listen to the alarm for half an hour! For the driver seat - you don't have to have weight on the seat - it works based on the key being in the ignition sowhen you are in park - washing/vaccuming the car - when ever the key is in the ignition that alarm sounds!!!! I wear my seat belt when I'm driving - they should have made it so it only goes off when the car is in drive and they should have given you the ability to override the passenger seat! And could they have choosen a worse sound???

Anyway - for 2 years this thing has driven me nuts - I must disable it - PLEASE!!

Old 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
3rd Gear

mine just stopped one day???? lol. the vag-com is located at a store that sells them.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

yeah thats one reason why i dont want to buy a new car because all the new cars have the stupid *** beep! drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my buddys 06 silverado the friver and passenger beeps every thrity seconds!! i hate that law its are choice to wear them just like its are choice to say what ever we want!! ihope you can fix it im just glad i dont have that!

Quick Reply: seat belt alarm