Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:25 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: seat belt alarm

Earplugs!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:29 PM

point taken but there are as many pluses as they are negatives and this system has killed when if it wasn't on it would have saved, newer high priced cars have it all but that's a price thing ( why should the lower end cost suffer with old systems ) $$$$$££££££

Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: klum00

Does anyone know how to disable the airbags? Its really annoying when I crash into something and my face hits a pillow of air. I'd much rather smash my face into the steering wheel/windshield/anything hard.My level of brain damage justisnt enough right now, so I would like to increase my chances. Also my kid really hates his child safety seat. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting a dummy of a kid in the child seat so their kid can sit or lay in the front seat with no restraints. Lastly is the issue of the headrests. I mean they touch my head! It can really bother me. Has anyone removed them so that I can achieve maximum whiplash ?
LMFAO!!!!! thats good!! lol

Old 05-20-2007, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: StevenTownsend

you people make me sick-- why would you want to turn it off? it works doesn't it? it's so annoying that you'll put your seatbelt on to make it stop. don't be retarded.
AGREED! people that dont wear the seat belts deserve to go through the windowshield. trust me, if i see you crash and i come to help you and see your wernt wearing your seat belt or disabled your air bags i'll just turn my back and tell you that you deserved it and i aint gonna help you if you cant help yourself, idiots!!
the "you should wear seat belts becuase its law" thing SHOULDNT even come into the damn equastion!! its there to help you and save you. if you need help you call 911 with out even thinking twice, so why not wear a seat belt, noooo cant do that its not "cool".
your just an immature kid if you dont wear seat belts.
to top this off, one of my mates about 2 months ago died becuase of this!! he was driving an suv at night time, no seat belt. he hit the medium (central reservation) which launched him out of the car through the front window throwing him into the tree infront and the car hit the same tree and impaled him between the tree all in a split second, all becuase he didnt wear a seat belt. from what i was told he was DUI or speeding, just not paying attention (and dont makethatan excuse to not wear them). he died instatly.
but on the other hand, the passenger was wearing his seat belt and got out of the car with a couple of cuts to his head and was out of the hospital the next day.

dont be d*ckheads all your life!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:52 PM

tell me ( how many people have died because of the air bags ) and how many have died because of the seat belt, then tell me the math

Old 05-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Yikes...to the Dudley Do-Rights: Give the seat belt lecture a frickin rest PUHLEEZE [sm=icon_blah.gif]

Who here has stated that we're not going to wear our seat belts? No one here is advocating unsafe driving practices, just asking how to disconnect the ANNOYING seat belt alarm. I've neverheard such a persistent and over-engineeredpiece of electronics.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

This is a valid complaint. To everyone saying "wear your seatbelt, it saves your life", your missing the point. I wear my seatbelt while driving but I don't want to wear it while I'm sitting parked.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
3rd Gear

turn the radio up louder....that trick works for all sorts of noises....road noise, wheel bearings, squeals, annoying passsengers, seat belt sound...you get the point

--E

Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Zombie Defense Force

all i can say is im glad my evo doesnt have this system. because i dont wear my seat belt ever...i wear my 4pt harness

Old 05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
cat
1st Gear

Ah , seat belts ARE here to stay, whichever way u view it. As for me , the annoying dings dings do get on my nerves, but got used to it after the many years owning an Audi. Anyway, the dings dings will go off after about 2 minutes or so, so just endure!!! I , for one also never wear seat belts.....

Quick Reply: seat belt alarm