Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: seat belt alarm

My sister-inlaw has a ford escape - it dings at you if your in the passenger seat too - it has a sensor in the seat that knows your there and should be buckled up. Isn't it a 50 state law that you must be buckled up - I know that around here they can now pull you over for just that.
Why are you cleaning your car with it running? It probobly just dinging because the damn door is open.
were you incapable of reaching over grabing the passenger seatbelt and plugging it in? You'd think that if it anoyed you enough you would at least try that one.

If you want to stop it just find the sensor that tells the computer that a person in sitting there and pull the wires!! - or check your fuse book see if it is listed?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM

About new cars, sometimes beeps are helpful, In my opinion the seatbelt beep is annoying, but this car does not have it...the beep that I dont have and want is the "you left your lights on!" beep...because I always have my headlights/runninglights on...and during the daytime it doesn't occur to me to turn them off, so the running lights run for a couple hours like once a week while I'm in class...if it beeped like every other car I have driven (even my 89 jetta has this) I would definately not complain....

the idea with the setbelt beep is not a life and death deal(or I guess you could look at it that way)...just wear your seatbelt....I figure on top of being a law, if you do get into an accident....at least you stay in the car rather than being that guy in the story that flew out of his window after etc. etc.

to disable you need a vag...

Old 02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
DJ

Sorry but you are hitting a sore spot with me - I had a BMW prior to my Audi and the BMW had a normal seatbelt alarm.I love the Audi with the exception of this seatbelt alarm (and a few other small things). And it's actually worse than you think. Think about this if the carisin park - AND NOT running - with key in ignition (you know so you can play music while washingthe car and such - lots of times when you have the key in the ignition and the car is not running or in park) and the seat belt alarm stays on until the seat belt is latched. And yes I have plugged in the seat belt when the car is sitting or when something is heave in the passenger seat just to shut it up but it is beyond normal- basically you can't have the key in the ignition and not have the seat belt plugged in - car started or not - it's really over the top. I'm sure the engineers thought they were doing somthing good but this isnothing like otherhigh end carsI have owned!

Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Does anyone know how to disable the airbags? Its really annoying when I crash into something and my face hits a pillow of air. I'd much rather smash my face into the steering wheel/windshield/anything hard.My level of brain damage justisnt enough right now, so I would like to increase my chances. Also my kid really hates his child safety seat. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting a dummy of a kid in the child seat so their kid can sit or lay in the front seat with no restraints. Lastly is the issue of the headrests. I mean they touch my head! It can really bother me. Has anyone removed them so that I can achieve maximum whiplash ?

Old 02-16-2007, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

^ LOLOLOLOL. Made me laugh too much.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM

I have a 2007 Audi A4. I complained about the seat belt alarm to the salesperson when I was first looking at the car. It was noticeable then, because both before and after our test drive, we sat inthe car in park with it running with no seat belt to check out the other functions of the car and the damnseat belt alarmwasa constant annoyance.He didn't seem too surprised aboutmy inquiry on how to shut the alarm off during the final walk through after the purchase. He said he couldn't do it (I guess for liability reasons), butI could unplug theweight sensor under the seat.

I tried for the first few weeks to get over the annoyance to no avail. It came to a head this weekend when my passenger commented on the annoyingbeeps too. We were sitting in the carparked after a meeting. There are several plugs under the seats, but after some trial and error I found the right one. Under the driver's seat its the black plug on the right sidewith 2 green wires and on the passenger seat its the left plug with about 5 wires2 of which are green. Caveat: It appears to have alsounplugged the airbag system too as the Airbag light is now constantly illuminated. I'm guessing one green wire goes to the seat belt sensor and the other green wire goes to Airbag sensor - both of which detect weight in the seat.

I decided to check out this forum to see if anyone knows which green wire should be cut or disconnected to disable to the seat belt alarm without disabling the airbag system. After reading some posts, it appears what I really need to do is buy that Vag-Com software, but at around $350 its a bit pricey.

If I figure out which green wire to disconnect, I'll post again. My next annoyance to figure out is how to stopthe damn door alarm from beeping when the door is open. Afew beeps would be fine, but it just never stops.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Has anybody found a solution to this issue? We just bought our first audi (2006 A4) and love it but the seatbelt alarm issue is out of control.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM

if there is a sensor then there is a fuse... find it and pull on it... no more beep

Old 05-20-2007, 12:25 PM

its a little black wire going into the hasp ( where you plug the seat belt in ) just a daft switch and I agree why have the alarm and a light that tells you the same thing[:-]

Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

the alarm is there to remind you to put on your seatbelt. if you choose not to, then dont bitch. i understand where you guys are coming from...it is very annoying. but its a safety thing. remember the air bags are not a stand alone system. they were designed to work with the seatbelt system. and personally, i wouldnt want to slam into an airbag if i didnt have a seatbelt on. considering they come out at speeds of 200+ mph.

Quick Reply: seat belt alarm