Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOCAL PALOMAR RUN REFLECTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: PALOMAR RUN REFLECTIONS

After the run, I was driving home on the 15 fwy and was thinking to myself.....DAMN, I could've lost my $37k car up there, what was I thinking. At the same time, I learned a lot about my car, how it can handle the turns at high speed, late breaking, using the gas pedal works better than the breaks when in the middle of the turn..etc. My car is very nose heavy, a slight tap on the breaks while turning made the front end dip way too much and caused the car to skid. I found that to prevent from skidding to the other lane, shift down to keep the revs up and slam on the gas pedal around the turn(woot, quattro doing the work) ..I've never driven my car that hard and I don't think it can handle more than that unless I get better suspension and tires...those will be next

And oh..remember that friendly old lady on the side of the road waving "hi" to us?

Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: socaljoe

And oh..remember that friendly old lady on the side of the road waving "hi" to us?

She was prob waving to you guys cuz she thought you were crazy maniacs on the rode, but at those speeds it prob looks like a harmless wave and a sweet smile...

j/k of course, I don't think you guys are crazy maniacs, just crazy, or maybe just maniacs [sm=gears.gif][sm=burnout.gif]

Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 PM

i barely even noticed that lady we were going so fast by her. wonder if she could hear us coming up the road and thought it was some bees in her strawberry bush? she definetly knew what we were when we passed

Old 08-18-2006, 06:12 PM
SoCal Crew Member

or now Adub's engine blew up (his engine ws smoking before we even started the run)
hey man, those were my brakes again not my engine lol, it was from all that crazy freeway weaving we did to get there in time, i hope by the next run i will have a bit more power and beefier brakes and maybe some swaybars

Old 08-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Adub - thats your trademark.. smoking brakes
I remember them well from Ortega run...

next gtg Adub is coming w/ a Brembo BBK & a supercharger...

Old 08-19-2006, 04:11 PM
SoCal Crew Member

no imagine 25 Audi's running Palomar!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee.......... that's a freaking scary thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there a vid out yet?

that snake we ran over probably didn't like us either, it was on the same rd that the nice old lady was waving at us!!!! she was probably flicking us off instead of waving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 PM

holly **** hahah .... damn, i just signed up today in hopes of finding out more about a4's and their modding capabilities && saw this post..

i currently rock a honda accord with a full suspension, i/h/e (antirice) and this reminds me of the runs i used to do w/ the honda crew around here... i mean the only thing we were missing was the moutains but just like there we have a nice 10mile strech around here with brand spanking new paved curves that'll make u **** your pants... my buddy's rx7 <3 em tho. Cant wait to see the video && i hope i find ours. 23 cars deep @ dawn... i can only guess what the surrounding houses thought ;-p

anyway im off to do some more reading && learning!

my baby if anyone's interested >>
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/647...2806002iw8.jpg < right after winter (raised)
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/131...98933008fg.jpg

Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 AM
SoCal Crew Member

A3Night posted vids of the run.......... ain't gonna tell you where though.............. it's a treasure hunt!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:15 AM

WHAT WHAT WHERE WHEER
im on a mission now

Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

wow after watchin the video all i can say it that was one demanding canyon

Quick Reply: SOCAL PALOMAR RUN REFLECTIONS