Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some input would be apperciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 02:40 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: some input would be apperciated

I did that with my first audi (never drove it and looked it over for just a bit) and that was bad. I ended up finding a bunch of things wrong with it later and when I sold it it needed a LOT of work. I was getting oil pressure lights left and right and am pretty sure now that it was an engine sludge problem. Hopefully you don't have that happen to you to.

Josh

Old 09-23-2007, 02:44 AM

what price did you end up paying?

Old 09-23-2007, 03:03 AM
3rd Gear

Congrats welcome to AF!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 AM
1st Gear

Glad you are happy with it. I would have deff not bought it like you did, but congrats anyway.
thanks

I did that with my first audi (never drove it and looked it over for just a bit) and that was bad. I ended up finding a bunch of things wrong with it later and when I sold it it needed a LOT of work. I was getting oil pressure lights left and right and am pretty sure now that it was an engine sludge problem. Hopefully you don't have that happen to you to.

That was the first thing I checked for , the engine seems sludge free for now. But i'll def. keep an eye out.

what price did you end up paying?
17,650 not to shabby , new wind screen installed , new tires , new brakes & bunch of other stuff

Congrats welcome to AF!
Much obliged.

*Update (I must have some shitty luck)

Okay it went from being a wonderful day to a POS day. Bought the Audi , Picked it up... was planning on getting the car insured on monday.

I go to our local mall for some quick shopping (yeah here it comes) no more then 20 minutes I walk towards my car and what do I see?

some jacka** dented my right side passenger fender , damaged the lower pass bumper/fender area where the fog lights are , lights still okay though and scratched up my front pass side bumper.

Not even a day old and it gets f'ed up and no insurance on it! Frame and Engine Bay frame is intact.. no damage whatsoever , I was thinking of just buying a replacement fender and replacement bumper it looks like its all cosmetic. I'm guessing its fairly easy swapping these parts out?

I found one major problem with the steering though.. the steering feels heavy and the wheel doesnt turn back from the right side , I have to manually pull it back. I have no idea what might be causing this (will look it up but incase someone knows) I'm seriously hoping this isn't a major fix.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 AM
4th Gear

Damn thats some sh!tty luck. You might have some suspension damage there.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
5th Gear

check ur power steering fluid, rack, tie rod, controlarms and ur cv. might have caused damaged to thos things. ya that is shitty luck man sry to here that. put up some pix. hopefully most of it is cosmetic and not serious parts. one question though. y were u driving it around w/o insurance? u must live in a state that is allowed to do that i guess. in NY, u have to have insurance to drive ur car or u could go to jail.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hiwords

check ur power steering fluid, rack, tie rod, controlarms and ur cv. might have caused damaged to thos things. ya that is shitty luck man sry to here that. put up some pix. hopefully most of it is cosmetic and not serious parts. one question though. y were u driving it around w/o insurance? u must live in a state that is allowed to do that i guess. in NY, u have to have insurance to drive ur car or u could go to jail.
I was going to get it insured on monday :x