Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

southbend q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 AM
2nd Gear
Default southbend q's

ok guys, im gettin ok at launching my quattro, however in doing so, i have toasted my cluch

im on a VERY tight buget so im defantly gonna keep the stock flywheel, however i want to be able to launch my quattro without worrying about the cluch...

i was looking at the rallyseries stage 1 from southbend, as i hear nothing but good things...
i was also looking at the stage 1 from spec, b/c alot of people seem to like them...

would i be ok racing on the weekends with these and not having to replace the cluch every year? or should i just get a stage 2 or tz series?

thx guys

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: southbend q's

puck has a lil chatter for the first 500mi or so and is way over kill for DD, I would not go that way. As for the others IDK, but if I were you I'd stay away from the puck.....

Old 08-23-2006, 03:03 AM
2nd Gear

so that takes out dxd, but will the stage 1's be enough?

oh yea and this somthing that a mildly mechanicly inclined person could do in their driveway? or is it one of those other jobs...

Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 AM
3rd Gear

I am going stage two (non puck), I think we can afford to have a lil stiffer pedal.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:09 AM
2nd Gear

thats spec right?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:10 AM
3rd Gear

Make sure what ever you get it's spring loaded. Non sprung clutches like the 6 puck in my DSM are impossible to slip. In or out that's all you get...lol

Old 08-23-2006, 03:14 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: luvin_the_rings

thats spec right?
Well no I was just over on AZ and Emil@renn-art was raving about this stage 2 with a 7lb flywheel soooooo I going with that. Check it out it's like 5 posts down under the B5 forum. He has pics up and it looks great.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

I think with your current mods, stage one wouldnt be a problem.

I am currently saving up for a clutch/.flywheel form 3bennett racing in Davis. It is a 9 LB flywheel with something wiers, so it has multiple plates, like a motorcycle. It is about $1800 with install. It will eb friggen rockin.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

fyi:
the spec stage 2 is $499 and is pure kevlar with a 330 torque max

the hd tz series from southbend is $395 but only allows for a 290 torque max, but it has kevlar with a metal backing that allows for a 12,000 rpm bursting point

however the hd ofe series from southbend is $450 with a 335 torque max. the ofe has a Feramic full face lining on the flywheel side and a "Medium Metal" content Organic lining on the pressure plate side. This combination runs cooler and significantly extends clutch life.

at this point it seems that if you want to big turbo none would be what you wanted, however for a chip and exhaust car that runs all weekend every weekend at the strip the choice would be the ofe, low cost and higher torque max than the spec...

but for a guy like me who just wants to go to the strip maby one a month and run it hard the tz series would be for me...

either way its a question of money between the tz and the spec/ofe

whew!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 AM
2nd Gear

^^^ adding a lwfw just makes it too expensive, thats a story for another day, i think i might just go with stage 1 from spec, or the tz from southbend...

Quick Reply: southbend q's