Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Sport suspension?

Hello
I am getting close to upgrading my 2002 Acura RSX and the A4 is one of my top choices. I am looking for some input about the sport suspension that comes with the sport package. I already posted this on AudiWorld, so I apologize if you frequent both sites, but I was hoping to get some additional opinions.

I was initially interested in the sport package because I much prefer the look of the 3 spoke steering wheel and would like to have paddle shifters as well. I have never sat in the sport seats to be able to compare them, nor did my local dealer have one I could drive to feel the difference in suspension.

Most people seem to feel the sport seats are superior. I haven't had that much time in the regular seats, but feel they would be good enough for me if I had to go with them, but would probably prefer the sport seats from what I hear.

More importantly, though, I'm concerned about the sport suspension. This is going to be my daily driver and, I presume like nearly everywhere, the roads here in Michigan aren't in the greatest shape so I'm worried about what the ride will be like with the sport suspension. And, no, I'm not willing to get Drive Select.

So, please provide me your thoughts about the sport suspension. Did anyone here get it and then wish they hadn't? How noticeable will the difference be?

If you have anything specific to say about the difference in seats, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks