Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Srt 4
26.98%
WRX
73.02%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

srt 4 or wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: srt 4 or wrx?

LMAO!^^

Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear

yea sure they are somewhat fast for cheap .. but they are jap pos .

dont even post anything like this in EVER AGIAN . go to an other NON AUDI forum for that

Old 01-07-2006, 09:32 PM
5th Gear

Well whatever you meant to do with this thread... you should have started by posting it in off topic... doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the A4... call me crazy...

Old 01-07-2006, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

I think it's funny that y'all hate on these cars yet there isn't one a4 that has ever run an 11.2 and his buddy did for $4,000 in his SRT-4. Sure the interior isn't nearly as nice as ours but new they cost $15,000 less. Also, someone mentioned they'll be as fast as there buddy's WRX when they get a chip and exhaust, no you won't. You're not gonna touch a stock WRX without a K04. SRT-4s have rediculous brakes and as far as reliability you can get a 100,000 mile warranty. Obviously I like A4s, I own one but people need to realize that you can't sit here all day and argue luxury over performance especially when 90% of this forum discusses performace upgrades. Both WRXs and SRT4s are awesome cars for what they are and the money you pay. That is all!

Old 01-07-2006, 09:49 PM
5th Gear

my friend has an 05 srt-4 and i've driven it a couple times. it's fast in a straight line. that's it. other than that, the car is garbage. sound system is crap, seats are crap, ride quality is crap, road noise is overwhelming, build quality is sub-par, body fitment inside and out is crap as well. AND, by far the worst part of all....IT'S A NEON!!!!!!!! a neon with a different engine and a body kit. there is no denying or arguing the fact that, as kelticslob pointed out above, an srt-4 is nothing more than a fast neon.

i won't comment on the wrx because i've never driven one, but i can say for sure that i would get a wrx over the neon.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:56 PM
3rd Gear

Yea jap def is not always crap. WRX's are very nice, basically a "drivers car". No offense FasterA4ThanURS, but some people see audi drivers as rich preppy kids who think they are too good to by a vw, and I hate this image, but you seem to fit into it.

"not which i should buy, ill never own either, im not poor...ok yes i am...but i dont drive poor person sports cars"

Good luck finding a wrx cheaper than a b5 a4.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Slut

looks like i hit a soft spot in some of you. i respect the cheap tunercars for wat they are, obv i stick with the proper mix of looks, practicallity and MODability, or i wouldnt have an a4. as for y i didn't put this in off topic, cuz i only wanted to herefrom a4 owners. satandave sounds like he has insecurity and jealousy, (its ok poor canadian). anyway i mean no disrespect to any serious tuners, but any ******** that put their misinformed two sense in, will hear it back from me. GOT BOOST????????

Old 01-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Slut

tom ritt... i wouldnt say that. i own a vw as well. and back wen i got my b5, rex's were much cheaper, u cant compare a new rex to an old a4 in price, u have to compare new v new or used v used. n its much less expensive to mod a subaru than an audi. come on now, i thought u knew better than that.

and dont make assumptions, we used to beat up the prepy kids for their milk money!! haha

Old 01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
3rd Gear

I'm just saying, some of your comments sound kinda like we are too good to own jap cars. There are some very very nice Jap cars for example the tsx, legacy, etc

Also I wouldnt say that they are much less expensive to mod than an audi. My roomate has a big turbo wrx, he just spent 4k on an sti drivetrain because the subaru transmissions are garbage. Another friend spent 5700 on straight cut gears because he blew his transmission. My roomate paid 650 for his ecutek liscence, and 350 for his tune, Most people buy mika tuned for ~600 There stuff adds up just as fast.

The srt-4 however is a compelty different story. Its very cheap to make high hp from thoise cars and I dont know how well they will hold up

Old 01-07-2006, 10:34 PM
5th Gear

I'd beat the snot out of an SRT-4 as long as I had bumper to bumper warranty... Chrysler is terrible for build quality... I know somebody with one, and she has had many, MANY problems. But the car ran mid/high 13's before she started modding... and they are fairly cheap. I'd never buy one without warranty, though. Ever.

Here's a story about chrysler... My dad said he knows a guy who used to work for... Monroe shocks( I think it was them)... it was some suspension company anyways that supplied EACH of the "big three" automakers... anyhow... Ford had their design specs and quality demands... GM had theirs... and Chrysler bought what GM and Ford wouldn't take.

Nice eh?