Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer+Bose=impossible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Subwoofer+Bose=impossible?

if you have a sub on the rear deckid: buy a "high low converter" (speakerwire to rca converter) connect both channels to the subwoofer wires and connect it to the amp.

if you don't have have the sub: connect the high low to the rear speakers, if they are in he door, find them in the rubber grommet going between the b pillar and door. you need to take of the inside molding of the b pillar disassemble the clip holding the wires going to the door and check one by one, connect the high low to this.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

It does work, I am running 2 10's im my a4 with a bose system. All i had to get was a $25 high to low converter and then wire the amp in. As far as i care it sounds good. If you go with an aftermarket head unit i think you have to do alot more work due to the amps on the bose speakers.

Naw, you can get a box just like the high to low converter that does everything for you for an aftermarket head unit.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

Okay, so now I am getting confised. I have searched and searched and gotten what must be too much information. I have a B7 A4, Alpine MRD-M605 amp, Alpine SWR-1242 sub, Stinger 4 Gauge multi-amp install kit, and a symphony II head unit. My question is how the heck am I going to get this connected. I have seen the solution of adding to the h/u harness giving you 2 RCAs and a remote. I have seen the tap into the amp solution, though I'm not sure how to get those wires to the RCA inputs on the amp, and now a high/low converter? I doubt that there's a big differece between the B6 and B7 amp install so does anyone know where there is a GOOD write-up to be found? I found one on the audiworld tech thing, but that didn't address things very well. I have a week to figure this out, so I would appreciate the help.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

check the write up i just did in the a4 part..... https://www.audiforums.com/m_154850/tm.htm ..... what you do is connect a hi lo converter to the wires going to the subwoofer on the rear deck. this would convert the regular signal to rca and you can plug it into the amp. to get the power use one of the bigger wire terminals under the driverside panel - under the steering wheel. use a voltmeter to see which fuse you can use to run a source, it needs to be on when the car is on and off when the car if off. ground your system. if you still need help and live in jersey pm me, if you want i'll post pics of this.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 AM

hey ok im just wntering this convorsation, i bought a high low converter but was hesitation cuz i didnt want to mess anything up. Do i have to connect the hi low converter to the wires leading from the bose amp to the subs? or can i connect the converter to the wires marked in the diagram as back right +/- and back left +/- ? I htought i heard something about it only working with the amp wires. If this is so is it safe to cut the wires after the T. I dont have a need for the stock woofers as for their a little old and the 2 12"s i have is plenty, plus my stock ones raddle a little. Thanks and im just making sure, i can connect directly behind the stock amp to the exposed wires right? I dont have to actually open any panels to the speakers?

Thanks again, im really anxious. I have 2 12" polk audio subs in a vented box with a 760 watt amp. I have this in mp car before this, I blazer and they thumped, I cant wait to thump my audi =P

Old 10-30-2006, 04:51 AM
5th Gear

yea i dont know what the hell i was saying about the high to low converter yea it works but it sucks *** lol, the best way is to tap in to the speaker line out and splice in a set or rcas

Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

The problem with sub install advice is that there is so much of it on this site. I've done the install on my B6, and have posted on it a number of times. Pick up a line level output from behind the HU (better, but more work) or from an input into the factory rear amp. Stay away from hi/lo convertors. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Have a look at

https://www.audiforums.com/m_288706/tm.htm
https://www.audiforums.com/m_279401/tm.htm

(plus 30+ others if you need more info)

Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 AM

nvm i got it all hooked up on my own