Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall driver question - A4 S-Line / S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Tall driver question - A4 S-Line / S4

I've read various threads about "best cars for tall people" have some specific questions for those of you with experience.

I want to buy a 2013 A4 S-line. I'm 6'4" with a longer torso, so seat to pedal distance is not an issue but seat to roof is always tight. I've sat in an standard A4 and a S4 in the showroom. With the seat ALL the way down, and my posture perfect, my head just clears the ceiling. The S4 seat was FAR more comfortable than the A4, and the better seat is main reason I want to get the S-Line.

However with the seat all the way down, the bottom part of the seat becomes more parallel to the ground, rather than tilted up at the front. In other words, I feel less supported as the seat is not tilted up slightly at the front (under my thighs). If I raise it very slightly to get the tilt back, my head grazes the cieling. Of course we all settle down in the car once we are underway, but I do like to keep my posture as upright as possible.

I'm trying to arrange some test drives, but even a few minutes in the car may not really give me enough of a chance to know how it will work out for longer driving.

In the meantime would like to hear from taller drivers with your experience. Is the S-Line seat that much better? Is the S4 more or less headroom? Any other perspectives?

Many thanks...