Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Default Tint Ticket

So I got pulled over right in front of my apt building. Cop gave me a front plate ticket and a tint ticket. Only thing is, it's got no amount and now I have to appear in court. My question is, do I just stroll up in front of the judge and tell him i took the tint off and put the plate on end of story, or do I have to provide evidence or something? Basically, I want to know if I can leave the tint on and just say I took it off. I've only had it on for about a week.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Tint Ticket

LMAO! Do you think a judge is going to believe you over a cop? The only leg you might have to stand on is if he didnt check it and write the amount its over.. in that case you could take your tint off then show the judge... if your tint truly is illegal you are screwed.. just pay the ticket and go on.. some cops here make you key/scratch your own tint to avoid and ticket and then some still give the ticket to you!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Slut

usually need a reciept to prove that you fixed whatever was "illegal" on the car... im sure you will still end up paying something, they will plea it down to a lesser amount most likely. they dont care that you remoived the tint... the issue is that you had it in the first place. front plate you might be able to argue that it broke off and you were waiting for new brackets or something... also say it was on the front dash in plain view.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

What percent do you got? I would try and find out about mailing in the payment, because having to go and sit through court for a few hours for fines like that would suck.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Did he run a tint meter on it? They can't just write a ticket and just assume it's too dark.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM

Papac, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't plan on just going into court with a picture of my car and telling the judge my tint is legal when it's not. I was considering the possibility of just saying I took it off assuming I don't have to show him something. Obviously if someone is going to come check it that plansucks. I have 20% and would gladly mail in a payment, but the ticket has no monetary penalty on it and says i have to appear in court.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM

No, notint meter. Although in RI basically any tint is illegal.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yeash, 70%. In RI you're pretty much screwed.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

same as my buddy,
Tint = went to local tinter, took it off and showed judge recipt.
Plate = put it back on take a pic.

judge lowered fine. by half. g luck!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:18 PM
1st Gear

for my tint i went to the local poliece station and a cop came out, looked at the car, and said yep, signed the ticket and i was off the hook.

Quick Reply: Tint Ticket