Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Default RE: Tint Ticket

If you want tinted windows, save yourself some money and buya set of Ray Charles sunglasses.

I hope you all understand why tint laws are in effect. For example, in NYC last year a young office was shot through a tinted window during a routine traffice stop. His partner/him never saw the gun due to tinted windows.

Sometimes it does look good though!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, you know what though, that happens in cars without tint too. Maybe even more.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TommyGunns

ORIGINAL: CTown

70% is the legal limit where you live and you went and got 20, i dont need to say bad call. I was gonna say just pay the fines and not get it removed, because you would have to pay for removal anyway and end up out whatever you paid to get it tinted.. but might as well get it removed cause you'll just keep getting tickets.
I don't agree with that. If you law is 70 and you have 20, then you didn't do anything wrong. Except for the stupid front plate (do euros count for front plates?). I say leave it up.
Well wait, when you say 70%, do you mean that it blocks 70% of light, or alows 70% of light to pass through. I'm confused.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: domino877

The most genius way to get out of a getting a tint ticket is by going to the eye doctor and telling him your eyes are sensative to sunlight and you need a tint prescription. Three of my buddies have limo tint all around the car except the windshield when they get pulled over they just show the cop the tint prescription and they are off the hook, some doctors will just right the eye prescription up without even testing your eyes so I guess it depends on where you go and if you get a ticket with the prescripton you can easily win in court. But in your case you already got the ticket so your screwed.
my eye doctor wrote me a note because im very sensitive to light it just says she recommends dark tint to keep me from pain or something... but ive never showed it to a cop, im sure i will either get out of the ticket or he will get pissed off and give me one anyway...

how would it work if your tint is legal in your home state and you travel to another state where its illegal?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:23 AM

in MD there is no fine applied. I had to remove my tint twice on older vehicles, that's why the audi's have been tint free. Once you remove the tint, you have to take your car to a state troopers barracks or any other authorized location where they use a little tint meter to ensure you're below the legal limit. I never had to go to court, it was basically a repair order. But yes, as everyone else has said, obviously you don't just go to court and tell the judge its off. They will require proof from some sort of government official.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 AM

Well wait, when you say 70%, do you mean that it blocks 70% of light, or alows 70% of light to pass through. I'm confused.
the percentage is the amount of light that passes through.

i.e. 50% very light tint, 20% pretty dark,5% limo tint

Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

ORIGINAL: domino877

The most genius way to get out of a getting a tint ticket is by going to the eye doctor and telling him your eyes are sensative to sunlight and you need a tint prescription. Three of my buddies have limo tint all around the car except the windshield when they get pulled over they just show the cop the tint prescription and they are off the hook, some doctors will just right the eye prescription up without even testing your eyes so I guess it depends on where you go and if you get a ticket with the prescripton you can easily win in court. But in your case you already got the ticket so your screwed.
my eye doctor wrote me a note because im very sensitive to light it just says she recommends dark tint to keep me from pain or something... but ive never showed it to a cop, im sure i will either get out of the ticket or he will get pissed off and give me one anyway...

how would it work if your tint is legal in your home state and you travel to another state where its illegal?
Any state you go to if you have a eye doctors note that says you need tint you can have tint any tint even limo, if you get a ticket for tint the judge will have to waive the ticket when you show him/her the eye doctors note that says you need tint. Did you know that you can take that note to your dmv or secretary of state and they can put down on your license that you need tint (but then every car you drive has to have tint on it or you will get a ticket haahahha) Its like people whoneed to use medical marijuhana for whatever reason if they get pulled over there not going to get charged for the marijuhana because its doctor prescribed. The same goes for if you have a note from the eye doctor for your tints.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TommyGunns

ORIGINAL: CTown

70% is the legal limit where you live and you went and got 20, i dont need to say bad call. I was gonna say just pay the fines and not get it removed, because you would have to pay for removal anyway and end up out whatever you paid to get it tinted.. but might as well get it removed cause you'll just keep getting tickets.
I don't agree with that. If you law is 70 and you have 20, then you didn't do anything wrong. Except for the stupid front plate (do euros count for front plates?). I say leave it up.
Ya you are confused cause there is nothing to disagree with...if your law is 70 and you have 20 then you're breaking the law.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

I was just backwards. For some reason I thought that 70 would be darker, thats all.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

same **** on my friends sentra he went to a dealer and put his front palte on it took pics showed the judge paid the ticlet its all good

Quick Reply: Tint Ticket