Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 10:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Transmission Issue

I have some issues with the trans in my Audi A4. Wondered if anyone can tell me what is wrong and what it might cost to fix. Trying to make up my mind weather or not the car is worth keeping. The car has done just shy of 150,000km. Every other time I start the car the PRDN light is flashing on my dash board. I find I can have trouble getting the car to engage into reverse sometimes. I need to put the car back into park then into reverse and its sweet. The car does not usually do this when it is cold. I find I can sometimes get the light on the dashboard to stop flashing by putting the car into tiptronic mode and then back into drive. The second problem I have had happen now 3 times twice at high speed (100km) and the third when pulling away out of a carpark was that the car just dropped out of gear completely like it was in neutral. Because my foot was on the accelerator the car reeved high. I quickly pulled over and in turning the car off and back on the issue went away. I do from time to time find when I pull away to quickly the change from first to second has a real jerk. I do from time to time also find the car does not seem to go into first gear when I come to a stop so pulling away the car is sluggish and slow as I am in second or possible third. Lastly the car has done it once when I arrived at a restaurant and pulled into a carpark and put the car into park and took my foot of the break the car jumped forward shuddered and conked out as if I had managed to stall an automatic car. I have had a diagnostic scan done on the car and came back with the following "Transmission Electronics Abnormal P0706 Transmission range sensor A circuit range/performance" and "Brake electronics abnormal 01119 recognition signal"